LegacyGT.com

Any solutions yet to the spoiler rattle?

hyteck9

I searched the forum and see several posts about the brake light rattling in the spoiler.. Mine does it too. Its definately the light assembly as I can gently tap right above it and here what sounds like a tin of marbles. LOL....

Did the spray foam help for those that tried it?

Did removing the rope help?

Thanks,

hyteck9

-edit-

P.S. I thought about taking it back to the deler, but seeing as how I have completely gutted and rebuilt the trunk and underside of the rear shelf deck I doubt they would give me the time of day. I even converted the trunk lid to gas shocks cause those torque-bar things piss me off! wasting all that valuable real-estate. :-)

• 3 months later...
hey, just fixed mine! it was actually the wires running through the spoiler to the light. pull the light off, Pull it out far enough and disconnect the the two bullet connectors of the wires(this may take some patience and a little force). set light aside. tie a string(6-10 FEET) to the bullet connectors going into the spoiler, then pull the other end of the wires(they come out the right side by the front)(again this may take a little force). now that the wire is out and you have a string running where the wire was(you'll use this to pull the wire back through after you insulate it) i pulled the factory plastic wire sheeth off and insulate it with a roll of medical cotton gauze, then used some sewing thread to wrap around that to keep it from sliding on the wires. i'm sure there are a few things you can use to insulate it but that's what i had laying around the house and it worked great. now all you have to do is pull it back on through, reconnect the wires and screw the light back in. this could take up to an hour. also you might notice a rope running out of the spoiler at each end, i guess it's probably some sort of safety. anyway it is prone to rattle at the ends so i put some dynamat in the trunk lid bracket where they connect to the first bolt. now i'm rattle free, well in the trunk anyway, which really comes in handy when i close the trunk.

Archived