LegacyGT.com

Dilemma

Which option should I choose?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which option should I choose?

• Wait 3 more weeks and get AP 2.0
    • Get 1.0 shipped overnight tomorrow

Here's the story.

I've ordered the Cobb AP w/ TDC Protune, but there's been an incident and UPS has lost the package.

I've waited two weeks for this package to come and an additional week and a half for my money order to clear. With that in mind, all of you should know how impatient and anxious I have become.

TDC was also having some issues with tracking numbers and shipping issues with their shipping department.

TDC promises they'll send another one out tomorrow, but they've given me a choice: either to wait 3 weeks and get 2.0 for the same price, or get 1.0 shipped out tomorrow overnight. Which should I do and WHY? Is 2.0 worth the wait?

Please make sure to post a reason for your choice. I need answers by tomorrow :icon_bigg

Wait for the 2.0!1!! TDC's "shipping" department won't get it wrong 2x, plus I believe the new AP 2.0 comes preloaded w/ Donkey Kong Jr.!!!:icon_bigg

swear2U!!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

How is it easier?

Straight from Cobb......

The AccessPORT's features include:

On-the-fly map switching

Monitor vehicle sensor data and display in analog or digital format

Vibrant color graphic display with First-Ever full 260,000 color OLED, high-resolution screen <--- This alone should make it somewhat easier (being colored instead of looking like a giant calculator

Read/Clear engine trouble codes

Preloaded with performance, economy and convenience maps

Update via the Internet

Measure 0-60 and ¼ mile times

Adjustable on-screen Shift Light functionality

Estimates horsepower and torque

Displays current and averaged fuel economy

Drag race simulation with reaction time and “time slip” data

Built in on-screen help mode function

Multi-Language support

RoHS compliant (Lead Free design)

Custom performance tuning for your specific vehicle and modifications as provided by an

authorized AccessPORT ProTUNER™ center, or upgrade to the StreetTUNER™

software package for do-it-yourself tuning

But if you want to argue about it, feel free. :-)

10x faster reflash speed. USB connectivity. Done.

Essentially, the already small chance of completely screwing your ECU (due to loss of power during reflash) becomes truly negligible with the much faster download.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Faster reflash, and the 2.0 stores your original factory map on the AP as opposed to 1.0.

Using AP 1.0 will put a generic map back on your ECU when you flash back to stock.

2.0 will be a much better AP in many regards. 3 weeks is well worth the wait.

With v2, if you can reload the totally stock map back on, does this mean that even dealers would not know that you have tampered with the ECU? meaning that your warranty will not be affected??

I was actually kinda leaning towards getting the 1.0

The reason was

1. i didn't want to wait another 3 weeks considering I already waited 3 weeks.

2. early december sounds sketchy to me. they don't even have an official release date yet. who knows if it will be delayed till like mid february

3. the primary function still did not change of loading the map and both APs result the same performance gain.

4. december is a busy month for me and my parents might come to visit which means there's pretty much no alone driving time, which pretty much means i'm gonna be driving 5 mph or more BELOW the speed limit shifting at less than 2k rpms for a while...

BUT! you know what???

I was supposed to talk to TDC today via AIM about my decision as well as getting a tracking number for the STS and bushings, since it was lost and was sent again directly from COBB. If I talked to them earlier today and overnighted it, I would have it loaded up by tomorrow and would be having a blast this weekend.

But guess what... a no show. I'm really starting to question their communication skills as well as customer service. It seems like I might be forced to wait for the v2. but shit man.. what are you gonna do if you want the best, which TDC seems to have, but they're the only vendors??

you guys have no idea how frustrated I am right now..

Don't lie to yourself... We all know how frustrated you are right now. TDC has awesome MAPs and gear and all that shit but the service is a bit lacking. Most if not all of us have been there.

Shit. Truth be told all the little boutique shops no matter the industry are a little slow. We'll all get our gear. We just have to wait.

But the squeaky wheel gets the oil I've heard! :icon_wink

With v2, if you can reload the totally stock map back on, does this mean that even dealers would not know that you have tampered with the ECU? meaning that your warranty will not be affected??

I was actually kinda leaning towards getting the 1.0

The reason was

1. i didn't want to wait another 3 weeks considering I already waited 3 weeks.

2. early december sounds sketchy to me. they don't even have an official release date yet. who knows if it will be delayed till like mid february

3. the primary function still did not change of loading the map and both APs result the same performance gain.

4. december is a busy month for me and my parents might come to visit which means there's pretty much no alone driving time, which pretty much means i'm gonna be driving 5 mph or more BELOW the speed limit shifting at less than 2k rpms for a while...

BUT! you know what???

I was supposed to talk to TDC today via AIM about my decision as well as getting a tracking number for the STS and bushings, since it was lost and was sent again directly from COBB. If I talked to them earlier today and overnighted it, I would have it loaded up by tomorrow and would be having a blast this weekend.

But guess what... a no show. I'm really starting to question their communication skills as well as customer service. It seems like I might be forced to wait for the v2. but shit man.. what are you gonna do if you want the best, which TDC seems to have, but they're the only vendors??

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3067

Available for Subaru's on Nov 30th.

Seriously, just wait for Version 2.0

does available for order mean release or prepurchase order? ok so nov 30th, I've also heard dev 7th, mid december.. etc etc..

Yeh I am not sure about that one. I still would be patient. I mean I understand your frustration having just bought my LGT about 3 months ago. I have been dying to get the the AP, Stage 2.

then why do you all still keep coming back with the shit service?

is it cuz their products are that worth it? even if you'll never know when you'll finally receive it??

Any small boutique shop that puts out a great/service or product will have troubles. No getting around it. This is a small community but still supply and demand will dictate lead times.

Plus SEMA was last week. I think that monkey wrenched a lot of shipping dates.

I love how this always gets turned around. When you gotta wait, you gotta wait. No big deal, as long as you know up front or when a problem arises. It's when you give your word about a certain date, then don't follow through, then don't bother to let anyone know until they're pounding on your door. Then, the excuse is "we don't have the manpower to contact you...we're too busy to answer emails...we're just a small boutique." wah...

I go out everyday to fulfill orders, in person at that. Customers complain about my colleague all the time to our superiors. Why? Because instead of fulfilling the orders within three days like we're supposed to, he's off whackin' it somewhere and doesn't bother to pick up the phone. Sometimes I'm busy and someone might have to wait longer. Do they call and complain about me, no. Why? Because I CALL them, and in one minute, they're happy as a pig in sh*t even if I tell them it's going to be another week. All the customers I deal with are very happy with me, even though sometimes I'm whackin' off somewhere. :icon_bigg

ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

TDC just IMed me about the STS and bushings that I ordered along with the AP. I'm getting it next thursday according to the tracking number.before I even get to ask about the AP he goes offline.. jesus these guys are playing hide and seek or guerilla warfare lol

Archived