LegacyGT.com

Utah advice please!

the_marquis78

Hey so I'm pretty new to LGT.com but I've really enjoyed reading everyone's advice and posts, etc. I have an 05' LGT Limited automatic (*sigh*) and need some help trying to find a shop that will do installation on aftermarket exhaust like headers, UP, DP, etc. For the most part, I've been turned down by shops and have no idea where to turn to. Anyone in the SLC area and ever better in the Provo area who knows something, share the love!

Neil

I know this i dont live in your area, but you could do it yourself. exhaust stuff on our cars are relativly easy, and ther are alot of good walkthoughs on this site to guide you though. A weekend and some basic hand tools and you can get most of that stuff done. If you are even just a little mechanically inclined, its worth doing yourself. you will save up to $700 or more which is what some shops might charge to install all that for you.

Yeah I have definitely considered doing it myself. I am a newbie for the most part but I think I could probably do most of it myself but I know for some installs like the UP you need an engine jack and I don't have that equipment. Granted, I haven't checked out to see how much it would cost me to get all the tools and equipment necessary and so I probably should. Thanks for the links, i'll check em out.

• 3 months later...

Cobb doesn't do installs... Modern Garage isn't around anymore. RallySportDirect is the place to get installs. They have a new location in Bluffdale which isn't too far from Provo. They have good prices on parts, too. Check out their website.

Over the past couple months I've installed my intake, pulley, uppipe, downpipe, exhaust, sway bars, positive charging system, and short shifter mostly myself ... just a little help from one of my friends. Everything is fairly easy, except for the uppipe. That sucked. Did it Friday night. Mainly just time consuming.

If you're in the Salt Lake Area I can possibly help you with a couple things. Might have to do something about that auto-stick, though... jk

Hey thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on it at some point. I still haven't put in the UP but I think I'm going to buy a different one cuz the one I have doesn't have the flex point and it turns out i screwed up buying the solid one...

Hey thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on it at some point. I still haven't put in the UP but I think I'm going to buy a different one cuz the one I have doesn't have the flex point and it turns out i screwed up buying the solid one...

What kind of uppipe do you have? There shouldn't be any problem without the flex point. I have the Cobb piece and I haven't had any problems with it and Cobb's been using these for a while on the WRX's...

• 2 weeks later...
Mine doesn't have a flex point and it's a Cobb piece... I really don't see how the flex pipe would help. Both Perrin and Cobb are very reputable companies. Cobb has been using the same UP on the WRX for years now. I wouldn't stress it.

Def. cobb i took my sti there for some work. There very nice and laid back there they did an excellent job, quite fast aswell. I believet hey have gotten cheaper, since they moved away from modern garage.

• 2 weeks later...
There's no way a piece of stainless steel is going to crack... He's crazy. Like I said, Cobb has been using that same UP since the WRX first came out a few years ago and everybody has recommended it. Don't stress it...

you know I'm not sure as I know no one who has had it crack on them but I remember reading in some of the posts about whether the flex point is the better choice and I think some of the guys said they had encountered it. maybe it has something to do with all the aftermarket exhaust and that being different tensions or something....yeah I don't know really I'm just makin junk up

I was at COBB earlier today looking to maybe be a vendor for them but thats still in the air anyways ... the piping is pretty thick if that thing cracked i would worrry about more than just the pipe. I would more worry about what kinda wreck ya got into ta mess it up

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• 2 weeks later...
i went to Cobb yesterday and also noted that the UP they sell is a solid piece. The one I have is Perrin so I don't know if that makes a ton of difference or not. i'm to the point now where i'm probably just going to put it on and see how it goes for me

Archived