LegacyGT.com

anyone have 2.5i times?

We will be lucky if any US mag publishes times for the 2.5i. These people always tend to test the top of the line models, the GT in the Legacy's case. Our best chance would be if there was some kind of comparo involving base models of popular japanese sedans. Although I am still breaking-in my Legacy and have not taken it much above 4000 rpm (OK, almost 5000 rpm, but it was an "emergency" as permitted in the Owner's Manual :) ), I already know the 2.5i is fast enough, and faster than my 2001 5-speed Accord

I would be more inclined to agree with Accord Lover. The car itself hasnt changed a lot motor wise over the last series. The engine is quite good and on a realitive good run, the car should be good for mid to high 7's. Adam.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have to say that the times won't be too bad- the 2.5i isn't weaksauce at all, IMO. In fact, it's more than adequate.

According to a Canadian book (L'Annuel de l'auto, a book that reviews all the available cars in Quebec, each year), the 2.5i goes from 0-100km/h in 10.4 seconds (the GT in 6.4 seconds). This seems V-E-R-Y slow... I don't know about the 2.5i, but you often have to shift to 3rd gear to reach 100km/h, thus the longer time. This may explain a part of the difference between 0-60mph times and 0-100km/h times for the same car. But it still seems slow! From the same source, here are a few competitors, all quicker :x :| : (all 4 cyl, 5MT) Accord : 9.0 Mazda 6 : 8.4 Altima : 8.8 Passat : 7.9 Camry : 9.7 (this one is automatic, of course, it's a Toyota!)

10.4 is what my 01 does... its slow.. has a terrible transmition (auto) and its heavy. if a 2.5i can do mid 7's that would be beyond great, such an increase woudl be phenominal. i test drove the 2.5i and definatley realized its pick up... higher rev's too except the god damn limiters dont let you red line ( i test drove an auto b/c the dealer didnt have any 5MTs in). all other tiptronics i drove let you take the gear to the max, right into the red line. oh well... saftey first! i dont want a blown engine so ill stop complaining or get stick!

Archived