LegacyGT.com

A Dead Horse?

chikmagnet

So i know that this issue has pretty much been beaten to death

but i just came across this on japanparts.com and i thought it was worth noting

maybe it is an answer and maybe it is just another dead end to the long road of installing a stereo in leggys

http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=107-209-006

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

yeah i have read the other threads on it but i noticed one thing that it has the option for single zone or dual zone and all the others stuff that i have read have all been trying to get the single zone to work with our dual zone but if they make one that is dual zone with a cut out wouldnt that work theoretically

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

So i came across this at Crutchfield.com for the LGT and didn't see it in any of the other threads, anyone look into this?:

"Installation Details for your 2005 Legacy"

- A receiver mounting kit is needed to install an aftermarket receiver.

- The OEM integration package includes a replacement dash panel that matches your vehicle's interior. You'll need to remove the climate controls from your factory radio/dash panel and then attach them to the new kit. This dash panel only works with manual heater controls"

So i came across this at Crutchfield.com for the LGT and didn't see it in any of the other threads, anyone look into this?:

"Installation Details for your 2005 Legacy"

- A receiver mounting kit is needed to install an aftermarket receiver.

- The OEM integration package includes a replacement dash panel that matches your vehicle's interior. You'll need to remove the climate controls from your factory radio/dash panel and then attach them to the new kit. This dash panel only works with manual heater controls"

"manual heater controls" == only for the 2.5i.

LGT == auto climate controls

Unless the new JDM double din/dual zone kit works we are SOL for the LGT and easy double din upgrades.

-Ian

Archived