HID great price

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MSRP $800.

Your price from E-bay seller $168.

Visit from the police, PRICELESS.

(Unless they are cheap counterfiets.)

By the way, the plural of Legacy isn't Legacy's.

By the way the proper spelling is COUNTERFEITS, (not as smart as you think)

By the way the proper spelling is COUNTERFEITS, (not as smart as you think)

Sorry. I usually let my secretary take care of the spelling, Pepe.

Seriusly, let's not discuss spelling. Did you pay $168 CDN? Isn't that about $39.78 US? Your lights are probably stolen counterfeits. Answer your doorbell. It's the RCMP.

I looked for this guy on ebay, but couldn't find him. Have a direct link to his ebay ID or HID's he's selling?

Search PILOT HID LIGHTS on e-bay. Looks like Pepe doesn't remember who he bought his lights from. Seriusly!

Wouldn't he a have receipt of the purchase on both his ebay account as well as in his email inbox? Also, he should be able to contact his credit card company to retrieve the information from the purchase - they should be able to supply him with the seller's personal information. If it was a scam, he can have the CC company put a stop payment on it if he lets them know he was a victim of a scam.

I don't think that's the guy, at least not from the OP's first post.....

The guy selling them is "great deals on HID's".

You're presuming Pepe remembers.

In any case, why are retailers selling kits for $400 + on the internet? Doesn't the $168 price give anybody pause, or don't you guys give a shit?

I don't really give a shit, because I don't like HID's all that much. I'm just curious (which is why I was looking for the seller). The ebay link you posted looks like the cars just have blue bulbs in the headlights. lol.

Honestly, I also do not give a shit. I live in the NYC area where every road is very well lit, so HIDs are nothing but a road hazard to other drivers. I hate HIDs. Maybe if I lived out in a very rural setting with lots of dark twisty mountain roads with deer and other hazards - I would want them. But, for city life - they are ******* annoying and absolutely useless.

I just got off the phone with a Hella distributor and found out few interesting facts:

The HID conversions kits marketed on e-bay as Hella Phillips are neither. The guys who sell them combine Phillips ballasts and Hella bulbs into a Frankenstein kit.

According to the Hella distrubutor, NHTSA informed lighting manufacturers and distributors at SEMA last week that selling these kits for use on road licensed vehicles in the US is illegal and can result in a fine of $24,000 per incident (to the seller).

I believe NHTSA requires dedicated reflectors for aftermarket HIDs.

I just got off the phone with a Hella distributor and found out few interesting facts:

The HID conversions kits marketed on e-bay as Hella Phillips are neither. The guys who sell them combine Phillips ballasts and Hella bulbs into a Frankenstein kit.

According to the Hella distrubutor, NHTSA informed lighting manufacturers and distributors at SEMA last week that selling these kits for use on road licensed vehicles in the US is illegal and can result in a fine of $24,000 per incident (to the seller).

It lives master....it lives !:lol:

welcome to 2003:lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

welcome to 2003:lol:

I know reading and comprehension may be hard, but I was repeating what NHSTA told manufacturers and distributors last week at SEMA. Nowhere did I state or imply that any regulations were put into effect last week.

Legal or illegal, it seems these HID conversion kits are backyard-engineered by people who need to stay hidden behind P.O. boxes and Hotmail accounts.

I know reading and comprehension may be hard, but I was repeating what NHSTA told manufacturers and distributors last week at SEMA. Nowhere did I state or imply that any regulations were put into effect last week.

Legal or illegal, it seems these HID conversion kits are backyard-engineered by people who need to stay hidden behind P.O. boxes and Hotmail accounts.

i dont care if they are engineered in the attic, mine work well and the construction and plag'n play are top drawer.

Sorry. I usually let my secretary take care of the spelling, Pepe.

Seriusly, let's not discuss spelling. Did you pay $168 CDN? Isn't that about $39.78 US? Your lights are probably stolen counterfeits. Answer your doorbell. It's the RCMP.

i just answered the door and the RCMP want to place a big order so I gave them the link .....oh and you still can't spell and you should fire your sercretary.... oh wait that would mean no coffee for you. :icon_wink

brands like apexcone, xtec, banzai, mculloch, you name it

Those are brands? From what I've seen, all these companies combine bits and pieces from different manufacturers.

Do any of your "brands" manufacture the bulbs or ballasts?

Archived