LegacyGT.com

McIntosh HU

scottiemac

Hey just wondering what the deal with the new McIntosh head units.

What are they like? can you attach amps easily enough without the need for JL Cleansweep units? From the looks of them they look great and a vast improvement from the old ones but i haven't got any info on the output from them. What does this mean for revamping the audio on Cars now?

Is there a facia avaliable or might there be a facia?

I love the soobie, infact almost everything about it except that it can't easily outfit a rocking stereo and HU. I've read most of the forums here about how you can put one in the cubby and what not but that just not good enough. That means you still have two radios in the car and although i am very impressed with some of the setups. Especially that Carputer one, that's really cool. But i really wanted to know does anyone know if it is possible to change it out now?

Not yet. The pictures you've seen with McIntosh head units are from other countries (Austrailia, Japan, etc).

This thread has some people hopeful, but it hasn't been confirmed or not whether it'll work yet. TDC is supposedly working on it, or they have something up their sleeve, or something. I dunno.

OK so basically i've scoured the earth and i believe that even though it looks like a standard size HU. It is not possible to replace the factory HU for the same reasons that we couldn't do it on the earlier 4gen models. So what I'm trying to find out now is if it is possible to buy a 07 HU/facia and put it into a 04 2.5i. Thats the one with the seperate HU and climate controls. As i'm thinking that's what i want to do depending on what the damage is for the 07 HU/facia and if it will even plug into the 04 but you'd think it would be relatively plug and play. Does anyone here know anymore?

Archived