LegacyGT.com

Interior noise level?

jeffwe

I own a 2002 Impreza WRX Wagon (5 speed manual).

I'm kinda tired of shifting. I'm 40 years old and I think I just don't want to shift anymore.

I'm thinking about trading in on a Legacy GT (wagon probably).

Is the interior noise level going to be any less than my WRX? I have a vacation property that is 6 hours away by highway and the drive is very fatiguing in my WRX. I think the fatigue is due to the interior noise level.

I've just purchased a Radio Shack sound pressure meter to use to compare various cars interior noise level over the same stretch of highway. In my initial comparison today I was surprised to see my WRX was no louder than a friend's 2000 BMW 323i (Sport package). At least over the very coarse concrete of I5 in Seattle that is *very noisy*.

What do you all think of the interior noise level of the Legacy GT? Better or worse than my WRX wagon? Better or worse than your other cars?

Anyone have a Lexus or Camry they can compare it with? I've been told they are quiet cars.

I own a 2002 Impreza WRX Wagon (5 speed manual).

I'm kinda tired of shifting. I'm 40 years old and I think I just don't want to shift anymore.

I'm thinking about trading in on a Legacy GT (wagon probably).

Is the interior noise level going to be any less than my WRX? I have a vacation property that is 6 hours away by highway and the drive is very fatiguing in my WRX. I think the fatigue is due to the interior noise level.

I've just purchased a Radio Shack sound pressure meter to use to compare various cars interior noise level over the same stretch of highway. In my initial comparison today I was surprised to see my WRX was no louder than a friend's 2000 BMW 323i (Sport package). At least over the very coarse concrete of I5 in Seattle that is *very noisy*.

What do you all think of the interior noise level of the Legacy GT? Better or worse than my WRX wagon? Better or worse than your other cars?

Anyone have a Lexus or Camry they can compare it with? I've been told they are quiet cars.

I had an 02 WRX wagon and my Legacy is definitely quieter than it was. But it is far from silent. Tire noise on I-5 through Seattle is still horrible with the stock tires or with my Falken RT-615s. I do find the Legacy to be less fatiguing on longer drives, but some of that may be the softer suspension as the WRX had an STi Wagon suspension setup and an anti-lift kit.

compared to my 02 wrx wagon, its quieter, but its not silent. road noise from the stock tires is prevalent, probably more so with performance tires. the cabin is far more comfortable than the wrx however, and i think you will appreciate this.

Archived