LegacyGT.com

JDM rear bumper install

lhsa

just throwing this out in case anyone has info.

i know many people have done the front JDM bumper install, but i am also considering a rear bumper install for a wagon. i think only one member has performed a rear transplant.

does anyone know whether extra bits are needed or can i simply use existing hardware to mate up a JDM rear bumper face?

I got rid of the rear too. As you said the rear sticks out tooooo much. But mine is a sedan. I think the rear conversion is the same for both sedan and wagon. All you do is to trim the rear bumper beam and reuse the existing hardware.

I flat out removed the rear bumper beam. I am too lazy to cut it, and the japan bumper is so short that there is no support needed from the bumper beam. I worried about getting rear-ended for a little bit, but then I realized that I am so low, and most cars nowadays are SUV, that if I got hit, it will be straight on the rear gate anyways.

But if you have the time and patience, trim the rear bumper support. There is absolutely no other bits that you would have to buy for rear bumper swap.

I got rear ended on the highway the other day and it seems a good excuse for a better bumper so I'm looking around. I haven't been able to see any good pics of a sedan with a JDM bumper of any type?

Post those pics if you got 'em!

Archived