LegacyGT.com

Need Help Boost Gauge Install....

Recieved my new AVO guage and pod in the mail today. I am going over the install (i found the link to there website with the pics that was posted on here). Few questions. Where is a good place to run the hose through the firewall?? Is the 6' of hose enough that came with it? Where is the best place to put the y for the hose???

I do have to say that after looking under the dash for a few, the subaru is a very well designed car.

I "T'ed" the hose off the pipe coming off the CBV (blow off valve), on the drivers side of the intercooler. I then ran it behind the intercooler and over to a grommet on the passenger side. I sliced a hole in the grommet, and used a wire coat hanger to get the tube through to the passenger foot well (it took me a few tries to actually find it up inside the dash). Then I just ran it to the cubby where I have my gauge mounted.

I followed what t0ad did for his install pretty much (except my gauge is mechanical). It shows where he (and I) tapped into the CBV line. Borrowing one of his pictures, this is where I went through the firewall.

http://softwarepirate.net/pics/car/boostgaugeinstall05.jpg

If I were to do it over again, I would NOT take off the backing that covers the black sticky substance on the side of the pod.It does not need to be attached to the A pillar.

I tee'd in to the BPV line also , then went to the drivers side inner fender and in to the cabin, I removed the drivers side A pillar, pulled the vacum line up,through the pod, pushed the power lines down, through the pod, then the dash, pulled all tight to the corner, and ran a bead of black silicone sealant around the base of the pod.

Mike

CBV?!?! never heard of that one.

I passed it through the drivers side grommet. Take the plastic wheel well lining off the front driver's side wheel well (very easy to do). There is a large grommet with plenty of room that is easy to get to on both sides. From the inside, if you are looking straight at the driver's side foot area, its up and to the left (behind OBDII port). You will need to take off the plate the obd port is attached to. Sounds difficult but I thought it was quite easy.

CBV?!?! never heard of that one.

I passed it through the drivers side grommet. Take the plastic wheel well lining off the front driver's side wheel well (very easy to do). There is a large grommet with plenty of room that is easy to get to on both sides. From the inside, if you are looking straight at the driver's side foot area, its up and to the left (behind OBDII port). You will need to take off the plate the obd port is attached to. Sounds difficult but I thought it was quite easy.

+1 i ran mine through the same rubber grommet in the drives side fender. it was a short enough run i didnt need to get more tubing. it also put the tube right where you need it for the avo pod.

i would also look into modding the avo pod so it is mounted better:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41274

driver side grommet, i didnt want to poke any holes that were not needed, also, i didnt take off the tape for the sticky black tape, it stays in place enough when you have everything together. it did leave some black residue because theres still little slits in between the tape :(

• 5 years later...
driver side grommet, i didnt want to poke any holes that were not needed, also, i didnt take off the tape for the sticky black tape, it stays in place enough when you have everything together. it did leave some black residue because theres still little slits in between the tape :(

i cant find the driver side grommet on my 05 gt there s one on the passenger side. any pictures where you fed it thru the firewall?

Archived