LegacyGT.com

Aussie trip musings

I really enjoyed my trip to Australia. Even my girlfriend got into the habit of Subaru spotting as I went looking for the elusive 04 Liberty. On my entire trip I only saw 1 sedan and 2 wagons on the road. I saw TONS of Imprezas, STis, etc. It was also cool to see Skylines and other cars we don't have over here. Also fun was spotting lots of older STi's. Below is an RS I saw coming back from the mountains. I wish I got a better photo, he looked like he went rallying and had a great paint job. It almost looked like a factory car.... amatuer perhaps? I did get to a Subaru dealer.

Legacy / Liberty:

The steering wheel seemed smaller than my WRX, felt good overall. I don't care for the space where the nav should be, feels like a cheap Chevy storage area. I'll have to put an aftermarket Nav there (which the dealer mentioned they can do). The car I looked at also had a rear spoiler, I assume factory, which looks really nice. Also, they have headlight 'covers' (need to find a photo) that matched the color of the car and circled the main headlamp and surrounded the entire light assembly. Im sure SUBE555 can find us a photo. I saw this on a few cars on the lot, so it makes me think its an option there. The back seats were roomy, lots of headroom (Im 5'11"). I liked the fold-down armrest for the rear passengers and the rear cupholders are entertaining to watch fold down and are larger than a can of pop (yay). I didnt get to drive one, the sales rep left me once I told him I was from the states and 'just looking'. I loved the white over there, it was a nice pearl color, not just flat white. Cool. Yes the bumpers there do look better, but I have yet to see a US one.

So thats about it, sorry Liberty no photos.

rs.jpg.f55ffaf448d6e1200fd2fa93d469d19c.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but are you sure it wasn't a WRX? Looks very similar to the paint job for the Subaru Challenge rally series. Subaru Australia provide the cars (at a price, of course) to rally hopefuls to compete in the series. There's more info on [url]www.subaru.com.au[/url] for anyone interested.

You did see a rally car! It appears to be a car from the Australian Rally Challenge. [url=http://www.subaru.com.au/news/?newsid=11888]LINK[/url] [img]http://subaru.com.au/news/images/imprscody.gif[/img]

Archived