LegacyGT.com

Parking Break!

Hey, I noticed something about my Legacy's parking break. Its not that good! Is it only me or the break is supposed to be that way? FOr instance when I park the car on a hill, if I pull the hand break to almost the middle, the car still rolls down abit then stops, but if I pull it really hard till the end, it stops right away. P.S. I don thtink its good to pull the break till the end, its gona screw it up. I drove the 2004 froster once, and I felt like the hand break was much better than the legacy's. My question is: Is this is how the hand break is suposed to be in the Legacy? did anyone notice the same thing? or I should see my dealer? thnx. K.

[quote name='fbi012']Hey, I noticed something about my Legacy's parking break. Its not that good! Is it only me or the break is supposed to be that way? FOr instance when I park the car on a hill, if I pull the hand break to almost the middle, the car still rolls down abit then stops, but if I pull it really hard till the end, it stops right away. P.S. I don thtink its good to pull the break till the end, its gona screw it up. I drove the 2004 froster once, and I felt like the hand break was much better than the legacy's. My question is: Is this is how the hand break is suposed to be in the Legacy? did anyone notice the same thing? or I should see my dealer? thnx. K.[/quote] I'm confused... what broke? Your hand? What is a froster? Is it a snow cone machine? :P On a side note, if the hill is steep the parking BRAKE needs to go most of the way up.

ok when I said break I mean the parking-break, or hand-break. but nothing really broke. and I misspelled the Subaru Forester with froster.. lol. also I wasnt talking about a really steep hill, just a tiny one.

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='fbi012']ok when I said break I mean the parking-break, or hand-break. but nothing really broke. and I misspelled the Subaru Forester with froster.. lol. also I wasnt talking about a really steep hill, just a tiny one.[/quote] OMG[/quote] OMG??

[quote name='fbi012']ok when I said break I mean the parking-break, or hand-break. but nothing really broke. and I misspelled the Subaru Forester with froster.. lol. also I wasnt talking about a really steep hill, just a tiny one.[/quote] I was just making fun with my comment. :) I know what you meant. But it is spelled brake and not break. If your brake does feel bad, take it in to the dealer and have them check it out.

most parking BRAKES are self adjusting. not sure on the legacy. but the cabels do streatch after a while. but a new car is now where with in that "after a while" time frame. maybe they are shipped kinda lose. or maybe jsut yours is kinda lose. either way i would take it in for the dealer to look at. but me being a mechanic i would just do it myself. im not afraid of BREAKING anything

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='fbi012']ok when I said break I mean the parking-break, or hand-break. but nothing really broke. and I misspelled the Subaru Forester with froster.. lol. also I wasnt talking about a really steep hill, just a tiny one.[/quote] OMG[/quote] Give the guy a [color=red]break[/color] he probably doesn't speak good English being from Montreal.

Parking on a steep hill fbi012? [quote]ya I guess it makes it wear-out faster than it should. and when I say pull it all the way up, I mean ALL THE WAY UP. [/quote] yes thats your guess and your correct but only to a small extent. All the way up is the way to go if you don't want your car rolling away....ALSO IF YOU ARE PARKING ON A [u]STEEP HILL[/u]......[u]LEAVE YOUR CAR IN GEAR[/u]

[quote name='RoundBoy']i thought all parking breaks needed to 'engage'[/quote] After this entire thread, and multiple people pointing out how to spell [b]brake[/b], you [i]still[/i] misspell it? Great googly moogly. B R A K E BRAKE

[quote name='Xaqtly'][quote name='RoundBoy']i thought all parking breaks needed to 'engage'[/quote] After this entire thread, and multiple people pointing out how to spell [b]brake[/b], you [i]still[/i] misspell it? Great googly moogly. B R A K E BRAKE[/quote] I know... I just wanted to keep the thread consistant :) i changed it to the proper spelling

I did notice this on mine. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the automatic transmission. I had a MT car before and I don't remember it rolling back when using the parking brake.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='fbi012']ok thanks for the comments, and dam french, its brake! (LOL) DID I mention that my legacy is Automatic? thnx all[/quote] Mais en Francais, le mot est "freins." "Breaks" est tres drole, comme-ca. :lol: Ma voiture c'est normal, pas d'surprise. Bonne chance avec votre problem. Kevin

Archived