LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: Midnight Meet #3! Long Beach

Legacy_Otaku

Hey All,

Did some research yesterday (called multiple locations), and found a potential spot for our next So Cal Legacy Meet...

* Long Beach Convention Center area.

There are 3 spots we could hit:

1. Shoreline Village Parking Lot - it's open 24/7. Overlooks the Pacific Ocean, AND you can see the pretty Shoreline Village (and parts of the hopping Ocean Blvd. Bars & Pubs from there).

(Zoom In on this link)

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=long+beach,+ca&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&z=17&ll=33.760356,-118.190564&spn=0.005164,0.013325&iwloc=addr]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...325&iwloc=addr[/ame]

2. The Pike @ Rainbow Harbor - it's just 2 Blocks to the LEFT of Shoreline Village (just use the same Google Map and scroll Left a couple Blocks (follow the Shoreline Road), and you'll see a big, square Parking Lot. That one is a 5 Story Parking Lot, and it has a great View from the Top Floor (supposedly).

http://www.shopthepike.com/

3. Long Beach Convention Center Lot: From the same Google Map, scroll UP across the Street from Shoreline Village and you see the Convention Center. There's a HUGE Parking Lot to the Right.

I called all 3 companies running the Parking and they said as long as we get in, we can get out at any time.

* The only downside to all 3 places? Paid Parking: $5 or $8 Max.

It's a really nice area, and Toyota has their Celebrity Grand Prix along that loop around the Convention Center every year.

What do you all think?

For people interested, please Reply with 2 things:

a. "Hell Yah!" or "Nah, someplace else." :)

b. Which Weekend can you go? (we can do it Friday or Saturday night if need be.)

Peace,

Ken

I'm pretty much a go-with-the-flow kind of guy, so I'm good to go with whatever the group decides... my say automatically gets overruled by Leggy owners anyway, though. ;)

The only weekends I could do this are those of the 11th or 25th. Possibly this weekend or next, depending on my AZ schedule.

...November + beach + midnight = freezing my nads off...

-Mike

Well im in.. lol of course

1.) Actually a better meeting spot would be a little to the left of #1. theres a nice parking lot next to the bridge

2.) There are nice sections of the pike to take pictures. (Theres actually car commercials filmed there, like the new Milan ones)

We just have to get to the pike LATER on like around 1 or 2.. then we can park anywhere and take pictures

3.) Theres a park in Signal Hill that would be perfect. its up a hill and you can see san pedro and the water.

4.) You can always take pictures by the Vincent Thomas Bridge also.

AND THEN..

we can go to ROSCOES!

and whoever wants to play guitar hero.. then stop by my apartment.. hah

Well im in.. lol of course

1.) Actually a better meeting spot would be a little to the left of #1. theres a nice parking lot next to the bridge

2.) There are nice sections of the pike to take pictures. (Theres actually car commercials filmed there, like the new Milan ones)

We just have to get to the pike LATER on like around 1 or 2.. then we can park anywhere and take pictures

3.) Theres a park in Signal Hill that would be perfect. its up a hill and you can see san pedro and the water.

4.) You can always take pictures by the Vincent Thomas Bridge also.

AND THEN..

we can go to ROSCOES!

and whoever wants to play guitar hero.. then stop by my apartment.. hah

Thanks for the feedback :).

Jaymesbry, the last 2 "midnight meets" were at night, so that's why we were looking for good spots at night ;). Would those suggestions you made be still exciting at night? :)

And would it hold 20 Subarus? :)

ROSCOES! w00t! :spin: There's a Roscoe's down in Long Beach?! :)

And Guitar Heroes is always fun :p.

...if its november,

remember that the

4th is the fun run

11th theres a dyno day

18th is free

25th is thanksgiving weekend...GL driving anywhere

then its December!

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

^lol...reading>me...this is a midnight meet...

im sure we can always squeeze in both

Heh, I just double-checked:

* The Long Beach HOOTERS is just 2 Blocks North of the scenic parking lots we're talking about in the Original Post :).

We could meet at Hooters first (Dinner / Snacks / Hooters Gals :icon_bigg), then drive 2 blocks South to the Scenic Parking Lot and get pics?

Then fit Roscoes Chicken & Waffles in after! w00t! ;)

What do you all think?

...if its november,

remember that the

4th is the fun run

11th theres a dyno day

18th is free

25th is thanksgiving weekend...GL driving anywhere

then its December!

Good point, but couple things...

* I thought you said everyone's hardcore enough to do BOTH things on the same day? (Day Event + Night Event) :p

Last week's meet, didn't you have some crazy Install / Day Meet and then headed over to Tommy's and the Midnight Meet after? :)

But seriously...

* 11/11 (Sat): Dyno Day - it's relatively Stress-Free. Just people going in, getting a Dyno during the Day, eating BBQ :p. We could still have the Midnight Meet at night, right?

* 11/18 (Sat): is free

* 11/25 (Sat): Thanksgiving weekend: The day *before* Thanksgiving (Wed) and Thanksgiving day itself (Thurs) is usually horrendous (people traveling, going to events, totally agree). The day after Thanksgiving (Fri) is the horrible "Biggest Shopping Day of the Year!" rush. But Saturday? IMHO, if we're doing this at night, I think it won't be so bad. And a lot of people fly Out-of-Town during Thanksgiving for Family Reunions, vacations, etc.

What do you all think?

Peace,

Ken

1- As far as location goes It doesn't matter to me. I'm down to go where ever :) (as long as I can ride with someone)

2-And as far as dates, Any time after the 13th of Nov. is good for me. I'll be back from my Vacation then. :D So I would have to say the 18th seems good.

:munch:

Archived