LegacyGT.com

Recent service....various items.

Had this done today under warranty:

-struts that lift rear hatch both replaced, were starting to not lift as all.

-trim at base of windshield replaced, would not seat.

-manual trans. oil replaced, shifting was notchy.

-illumination switch replaced, had a flickering ILL5/ILL6.

-reflash ECU and airflow sensor replaced, shuddering.

Supposedly they did the reflash in one day, is this possible? I had heard that they had to send the ECU off to SOA in NJ to have this done?

Quite happy with all of the work, had a loaner, and the car was cleaned, runs great.

In regards to the reflash.....I immediately noticed that the car seemed to run a little smoother, initially it felt like I had lost a little power on the bottom end, after a few days of driving I have to say the power is as good as ever and the car feels much more refined. I might be imagining it, but the dash illumination seems just a tick brighter with the new switch.....

• 2 weeks later...
Curious, did you ask service to perform the ECU reflash or did they do it on their own because they determined the car needed it? And, is the reflash they did supposed to fix the common studder so many are experiencing? I'm taking my wagon in for an oil change and if there's a new ECU reflash I just want to know what it is and if I should be asking for it while the car's there. Thanks.:icon_mrgr

Well, I mentioned to them about the shuddering, I had read horror stories about people arguing with dealerships - didn't want to go that route, after I had mentioned all of the items to the service advisor and saw that he seemed receptive and not negative, I mentioned I had read that a reflash would take care of the shuddering. As it turns out, they did the reflash and an air flow sensor. I really do think it made a difference. One thing, when the car is cold (the first 3-4 minutes) there seems to be some slight surging at slow speeds that was not there before, not bad - just noticable. I would say you can't go wrong mentioning it to the dealer during the oil change, they should do what they think is needed, and if they don't thee are other dealers......

Archived