LegacyGT.com

How to determine the Invoice cost?

Rockets GT

[quote name='Rockets GT']Hello all, I am one of the many moving from a wrx to the legacy gt and am new to this forum. My question is how do I determine the invoice for the particular legacy I want to get? Thanks in advance. Rick[/quote] Go to edmunds, and once you have that figure, when you are looking at a car at a dealership, ask for an invoice sheet. It is a sheet from Subaru of America that tells you what the invoice is on the car. Dont settle for anything less from the dealership. Good luck!

I'm just wondering if this is usual or not. When I went to look at the car the first time, I just wanted a quote on what the car would cost me with all the options I wanted. I honestly was just expecting to get the MSRP and take it home and mill over it. Well, he pulled out his book of invoices and wrote down the MSRP and invoice for each option for me, so I could see exactly what everything cost. I could see the sheet (he wasn't trying to hide it or anything) and the prices matched edmunds exactly (I had just priced it out about 30 minutes before going there). Anyways, it was great to go to a dealership that open. If your dealership gives you any crap, just walk. It's not worth the hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
Check out [url]http://www.carbuyingtips.com[/url] Read it all. If you don't know what the numbers mean, you will overpay. The invoice (which you can get from a site like Edmunds.com or cars.com) is NOT what the dealer actually pays for the car. Numbers such as holdback and marketing support come into play, as well as various fees that are nothing more than tricks. If you know how much the dealer is making in actual profit, then you know where to negotiate. You should never start at MSRP and work down. That is what they like. Use the invoice price and depending upon what other money is out there, you will work up or down from there. I got my Legacy for $700 UNDER invoice. Once I knew that I had a great price and they still had a profit, I signed the deal.

[quote name='!S4']I'm just wondering if this is usual or not. When I went to look at the car the first time, I just wanted a quote on what the car would cost me with all the options I wanted. I honestly was just expecting to get the MSRP and take it home and mill over it. Well, he pulled out his book of invoices and wrote down the MSRP and invoice for each option for me, so I could see exactly what everything cost. I could see the sheet (he wasn't trying to hide it or anything) and the prices matched edmunds exactly (I had just priced it out about 30 minutes before going there). Anyways, it was great to go to a dealership that open. If your dealership gives you any crap, just walk. It's not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE] That's exactly what we do at work. If you want check out our site at planetsubaru.com, we list invoice and msrp on every single new car we have in stock. We think it's fair for people to see what is an honest profit and commission for the work your salesman has to do for you. Plus a lot of shady dealers will quote this mega low price and people come in to us calling us liars. They go to the other guy they go ok the price was 20,000 here is the destination charge and new england surcharge fee. They go hey thats not what you told me then they go oh the other guy would have done that to you as well. Customer goes really I don't know then they start pounding you with random numbers and when you want the car, oh did you want the cargo tray then you forget and cave in cause you've been to 5 dealers to save 400 bucks and what a waste of time that's been. You get to the point of I dont' care no more I drove this far he must be right and you buy it. I've had it happen to me twice and the customer paid in the range of 400 to 600 more then they would have from me and lost out on tires for life, loaner cars, unlimited car washes etc. Sad to say the sleasy nasty dealerships are very much strong and still out there and always will be.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Archived