LegacyGT.com

Blizzak Deals - Any better?

Brady

Ok, so I've looked around and the best deal I've found so far is (4) LM-25 tires in 215/45/17 for about $366.

I checked usual places like Tire-rack and couldn't do better, but wondered if anyone knew of better places.

Thanks

Brady

If that's the question, then I'll stop shopping around! ;)

Buddy of mine works for Firestone. I'd get them for 122 a tire and the 4th tire free.

I'm also looking into a set of S03 Pole Positions through him. I figure I'll stick with Bridgestone if I can get better deals on them.

Was going to look for a good all season until he pointed out that he could get me dedicated winter/summer tires for about the same cost.

I have a feeling this is the friends only deal. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting a bad deal or that there weren't better deals out there. Unfortunately, it sounds like he can only get the good deals on Bridgestone tires, so I'm a bit limited ... otherwise I'd be considering a couple other tire brand combos. But as it were, Blizzaks and S03s were already near the top of my list of contenders, so this makes the choice easier! :)

Buddy of mine works for Firestone. I'd get them for 122 a tire and the 4th tire free.

I'm also looking into a set of S03 Pole Positions through him. I figure I'll stick with Bridgestone if I can get better deals on them.

Was going to look for a good all season until he pointed out that he could get me dedicated winter/summer tires for about the same cost.

I had S03's and they got really loud and tramlined something fierce. I've also had RE750's on a different car and those were great tires. Not as much grip but way more livable.

Ok, so I've looked around and the best deal I've found so far is (4) LM-25 tires in 215/45/17 for about $366.

I checked usual places like Tire-rack and couldn't do better, but wondered if anyone knew of better places.

Thanks

Brady

Lucky guy.

Krzys

Thanks

Brady

To me, that sounds like a smokin' deal. If it includes mounting and balancing, too, it's a screamin' hot deal.

I'd take it, if that's the tire you want.

Dude, for B'stone summers, you have to get the RE 050 A - it is amazing. Probably not quite the ultimate grip of the S-03 (but maybe, I never checked the SO3). the 50 is a quiet tire with superb wet and dry grip. Just superb.

Thanks for the warnings on the S03s ... I figured they were the same as the S02s on the S2000 (which I've had a fair share of seat time), but maybe they really are different and not just "Honda" spec'd S03s. I have a little time to look into summer tires anyway, so I'll do more research on those later.

Those prices didn't include Mounting and balancing, but he'll probably do that for a song. And to think, I stumbled across this deal because I couldn't make it to his wedding!

I was on the way to check out and probably buy tires. While I had some time in the car, I called to wish him the best for his wedding in a couple days since I was going to be at another friend's wedding in California. He asked what I was up to and said "no ... I'll get you a deal. Call me in two weeks and I'll hook you up." Turns out he's just going to get me the tires at cost! :D

Why would having a stick make a difference?

Which tire are you going with, Mark? I was considering going with the WS-50, but then realized we only get like 50 inches a year and most of the time the roads are fairly clear.

Why would having a stick make a difference?

Which tire are you going with, Mark? I was considering going with the WS-50, but then realized we only get like 50 inches a year and most of the time the roads are fairly clear.

Not the same method of power transfer...I could start in "2" and not spin the tires as much...but I suppose you could also....hmmmm, I may have to rethink that point.

Tires...see post 6 above.

If I had GOOD all seasons, I probably wouldn't get snows, but I have the extra set of wheels lying around, so I thought why not?

It is still ugly.

Ok, turns out I got the numbers wrong, but still a great deal. What it is, I'm getting the buy 3, get one free deal, which is bringing my cost to $122 per tire for 4 tires. But ... that includes mounting and all the other goodies that go with it. So I'm getting (4) LM-25 in 215/45/17 for $491.09 total. Not as much of a screaming deal as I first thought, but solid. I suppose I still need to find out what it will cost to get road hazard covered too. Pretty much a must have for the Subies.

Not the same method of power transfer...I could start in "2" and not spin the tires as much...but I suppose you could also....hmmmm, I may have to rethink that point.

Tires...see post 6 above.

If I had GOOD all seasons, I probably wouldn't get snows, but I have the extra set of wheels lying around, so I thought why not?

We're finding a place to do this. And I'm going to school you! :p

Why does this have trouble written all over it?

We're finding a place to do this. And I'm going to school you! :p

Why does this have trouble written all over it?

Grace church in Eden Prairie...BIG parking lot with no islands. Took my stepdaughter there for a little snow practice when she started driving. We might get by for awile before we get kicked out...might have to make a "donation".

It is still ugly.

lol

Ok ... we're on!

Got the LM-25s mounted yesterday

I forgot an important question on your pricing ... did you get Road Hazard Protection?

I added that for another 80 bucks or so for a final Out the door price of about $580.

I've used the program before. I recommend it if you're going to drive a Subaru ...

Basically, you ruin a tire due to road hazard or whatever, they'll replace all 4 at the pro-rated usage...

On my Imreza, I got 4 Turanzas and a year later i got a nail in the corner of the tread on one of them. I got 4 new tires for about $200, but because of the difference in tread, I would have had to buy 4 tires anyway. So after factoring in the cost of the program, I still saved a few hundred bucks.

I've used the program before. I recommend it if you're going to drive a Subaru ...

Basically, you ruin a tire due to road hazard or whatever, they'll replace all 4 at the pro-rated usage...

On my Imreza, I got 4 Turanzas and a year later i got a nail in the corner of the tread on one of them. I got 4 new tires for about $200, but because of the difference in tread, I would have had to buy 4 tires anyway. So after factoring in the cost of the program, I still saved a few hundred bucks.

Great heads up! :)

Thanks.

S-03 are semi-track tires and after a few thousand miles are unbearable on the street, as I personally discovered. Cooper Zeon 2XS tires, despite the silly name, are a choice worth considering. I found that they afforded a more comfortable ride and were as good as the S-03 tires on the track. Bridgestone and Firestone offer alternatives to the S-03. A high price and snazzy advertising does not a good tire make.

Archived