LegacyGT.com

What options besides a local dealer?

cowdog

Learned of this site/forum while perusing a ski forum and thought I'd test the waters.

I am looking to buy either an 07 OB XT Limited or Legacy GT. I like the 07 Legacy XT Limited because I can get manual tranny and VDC. I was planning to buy a silver one today at a local dealer.

Anyway, I made an appt. over the phone to come by the dealer today at lunch to meet with salesman X. I was previously working with another salesman who recently left and recommended X to me. I had only talked with X on the phone. I road my bike from my office to my home, drove from there to the dealer, and ... he was a no-show. The receptionist paged him three times, asked other salesmen if they knew where he was, offered that maybe he was at lunch, and then even walked the lot looking for him. Frustrated, I left. I haven't heard anything from the dealer since. A close friend had a negative experience with this dealer and has vowed to never buy there. So, I'm debating whether I give them another chance or look at other options.

And, thus, what are other options? I guess I could start calling other regional dealers. If I was to do that, would I typically find a better deal if I called dealers in a larger market? I live in Montana. Are there online ways to buy or things like that? I've used edmunds to guage pricing, but can I buy (safely) via online sites like that or others?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ps. Saw the pics of the 07 Euro Legacy GT on the front of this site. Wow, I like that. Will something like that be available in the US anytime soon?

Look for the bigger city.. I'm not sure... Boise, or even Seattle... I heard people in NM buy Cars from dealers in Phoenix. Even the buyer pays for the shipping, it's a lot cheaper than buying in small market... Economy 101.
From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Thanks. Long story made short: I ended up going back to the local dealer, negotiated a reasonable price and bought an 07 OB XT Limited Wagon. After putting about 100 miles on the car, we are so far very happy. Our first Subi.

:icon_mrgr

Archived