LegacyGT.com

Accident w/ 2007 LGT Diamond Grey

Okay i don't even know where to begin. I was driving about 2 weeks ago, over to a friends house and somebody with a frickin dodge shadow slammed into my right side bumper area. He had no head lights on. Of course the accident being his fault i did not rip his head off. So anyway. I had the car towed over to a body shop that does alot of work on high end cars like audi a8's and etc. I am now faced with two dillemas. the first is that the damage down to my car caused strut damage, suspension damage, and my frame shifted 8 milimeters. I am debating whether or not it is a good idea to actually keep my car? I went to the dealership 2 days after the accident occurred and dropped my deposit on an 07 lgt spec b. it should be here anyday now. I still have the opportunity to renig on the whole deal with the spec b. I have never been in an accident like that...does anybody think it would be a good idea to just get out of the vehicle? or. There was like 10000 worth of damage done to my front end. My car was undrivable and still is at the body shop. work has not even BEGUN on my car!!!!!!!!They are backed up at the body shop.

My second thing is should i trade in the 07 lgt that i own now for a spec b? or should i try private resell? does anyone know what kind of deppreciation a vehicle is faced with once something is reported on car fax? I have been driving around in a frickin chevy malibu!!!! i hate it...i had just broken my car in to...i have tons of parts, exhausts, gauges, hid's, etc the list goes on..all that stuff is just sitting at my house waiting for a car to put it on.

would i even be able to tell that the car has ever been in an accident? Will anyone else be able to tell? if they are not a mechanic?

If you the car will not be road worthy, you should not even consider selliing it to anyone. If it can be properly fixed, that's a different story.

Get it totalled and buy a new one.

When I buy a used car I take it to a body shop for inspection to check for undisclosed body work.

A good shop will be able to tell that the frame has been fixed, and even if it is fixed properly, it maynever be the same depending on the extent of the damages.

You will loose a lot selling.trading such a new car!

Q: Why did you have a deposti on a 07 spec b? Was this after or before the accident? :confused:

X

---

based on personal experience, once there is suspension damage (not even frame damage) the car will not be the same unless you get some stellar repair shop to do the work. by stellar, i mean stellar (unlike 99% of repair shops). especially on a brand new car, it sucks to live with a less than perfect repair job.

on my sti which had some strut/tie rod damage, the shop (which i believe did a reasonable job, even trying to fix it through the local subaru dealer) could not fix persistent torque steer and wheel bearing noise which arose after the accident. after wasting 6 weeks of back and forth trying to get them to fix it, they waved the white flag and gave up. i still think it was something with the front differential that was damaged.

given the problems and knowing it wouldn't be properly repaired, i traded it in and let the stealership deal with examining, certifying and selling the vehicle.

if i were you, i would never sell it directly in a personal sale without disclosing the damage. in that case caveat emptor. of course, you won't get much for the car with that kind of baggage.

i feel bad for you: you won't get treated right from the guy who caused your accident, his insurer and YOUR OWN INSURER. you'll get crooked from every angle. perhaps you should look into getting an attorney to represent you against the guy who struck you to be made whole. it may be worth the legal fees because you will regret the treatment you get in resolving this problem. that i can guarantee.

good luck.

A good shop will be able to tell that the frame has been fixed, and even if it is fixed properly, it maynever be the same depending on the extent of the damages.

You will loose a lot selling.trading such a new car!

Q: Why did you have a deposti on a 07 spec b? Was this after or before the accident? :confused:

X

i dropped the deposit on the 07 spec b because if i was going to get out of this car...i might as well go with the spec b...i actually sat in one the other day and its pretty sweet

There is something called "diminished value" that the insurace company of the Dodge Shadow owes you. It is the difference of what your car is worth versus that same exact vehicle that had NOT been in an accident. You should get an appraiser or contact your subaru dealer about it. As far as whether to get rid of it, I have a lot of experience with this and the car is never the same. Get rid of it!

the same situation, someone slammed into me and now the car will have a CARFAX an ugly yellow triangle with exclamation point in it, signifying ALERT.

Noone will want to touch the car unless they lowball you totally

you have 2 choices, fix the car as well as humanly possible and quickly sell it or just keep it.

PS

There is something called "diminished value" that the insurace company of the Dodge Shadow owes you. It is the difference of what your car is worth versus that same exact vehicle that had NOT been in an accident. You should get an appraiser or contact your subaru dealer about it. As far as whether to get rid of it, I have a lot of experience with this and the car is never the same. Get rid of it!

somebody with a frickin dodge shadow slammed into my right side bumper area.

Of course the accident being his fault i did not rip his head off.

Surely your insurance will pay - If it's the other guys fault his insurance should pay.

Get it fixed - then sell it if you don't like it.

What's all this "frame" talk??? The LGT has a unibody - no frame. I'm sure that the adjuster will spec a shop with equipment to straighten everything so the car should be almost as good as new when you pick it up. The only thing you have worry about is the paint and seeing that the stock paint on these subies leaves much to be desired you're probably going to be ok. I'm not liking the sound of that trade deal though - if you take the difference in cost to do the specB deal and use that $$ on mods for your LGT you're gonna have a much nicer car than the that stock specB IMHO. I say cancel the specB order and make an appointment with Jon at TDC. You'll be happy you did.

Archived