LegacyGT.com

my experience with worx tuning

cliffs notes version:

don't buy from them. :(

semi-full version:

i have no exerience with their products, just an issue with their customer service and business practices. i bought a used lip from mike tabor, who i believe is the owner of worx tuning. it took them 4 weeks to ship it while giving me every excuse in the book (shipping guy is on vacation, we didn't see the package, etc.). when i finally received it, the lip was cracked into multiple pieces due in part to poor packaging. i sent mike an email describing the condition the lip was in with pictures but didn't not get a response. i called and spoke to another employee who told me mike would call back and they would "take care of it". i never heard from him and they have not returned my voice mail message or emails. filed a complaint with paypal, but they won't do anything since i received some semblence of a product and they make no guarantees as to the condition it's in. so i'm out $250, have a broken part and will soon be closing my paypal account since they are useless.

if this is in the wrong forum, then mods please move the post to the appropriate one. thanks.

A customer informed me this was up here. I just wanted to try to clear things up if possible.

This was a personal transaction between two individuals, not a transaction for a purchase of WorxTuning product. You bought a used RBS front lip from me which I removed from my Legacy when I sold it. I will not argue the fact that I was slow getting it out to you and I am sorry you took my explanations as excuses. Anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that I am probably one of the busiest people you will meet but that still doesn't make the slow shipment acceptable.

The product on the other hand was a used part which I took the time to refinish, wrap, and package carefully. The shipper damaged the item in transit due to what I would consider carelessness. The packaging clearly stated the fragile nature of its contents and the condition it arrived in gives me visions of that scene in the old Ace Ventura movie. I have filed a claim but anyone who has done so with a shipper knows that can be a task in itself.

I do apologize wholeheartedly for the issues with the transaction. I know that the product arriving damaged was only salt on the wound and I have been in your shoes before. Please contact me at our primary business number to discuss this further. If I am not available please do leave a message and I will return you call within 24 hours.

Thank you,

Mike

________

Ship Sale

Please contact me at our primary business number to discuss this further. If I am not available please do leave a message and I will return you call within 24 hours.

called on 12/6, got voice mail, left a message.

called today, got voice mail, left a message.

you have my phone number. a member of your shop called me around thanksgiving to ask for my mailing address to send a refund. i'd really like to get this resolved. what is the holdup, mike?

:munch:

unfortunately, not very shocked based on my transactions with Mike.... including him leaving me a voicemail, and me calling back 2 minutes later and getting his voice mail. Phone tag is understandable, but this was 6 weeks after I was supposed to have recieved my product.

Like i said before, it took initiating a paypal dispute before the package was discovered with a shipping label already on it and hiding on a shelf:rolleyes:... And even then took another 2 weeks... and then another 2 weeks to resolve the fact that i got a partial wrong shipment to me.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I have noticed that import tuning companies are generally a little lax on the customer service side of things compared to domestic tuners. I was into Mustangs for years and have owned several other domestic muscle cars and I can tell you that this sort of thing rarely happens in the domestic community. This has been my observation and I'm sure it doesn't hold true with everyone. I modded my FXT a bit and I noticed in my dealings with vendors that a lot of them take their sweet time to reply to emails if at all. A lot of them seem annoyed at answering basic questions also. I also experienced a pretty lax attitude towards shipping items in a timely matter. I can call Summit, order a carb and it's usually shipped the same day and there will be a tracking information email in my inbox. I have called after placing a web order and was able to change an item with no drama and it was done right. With the prices you pay for import parts and the below average customer service a lot of companies have, I wonder why I even bother modding.

Perrin Performance has been a shining exception. I needed a set of rear endlinks. I called Perrin and told them I needed them by Friday (this was on a wednesday). The rep gave me the number to a Perrin distributor in my area and told me to tell them who I spoke with at Perrin. I called the distributor and got my endlinks friday morning.

I pre-order some hood dampner in May 2006, after waiting 4 months I got tired,

so I ask for a refund which Mike said I would receive in 2 weeks.

Well 2 months after that, no refund. So I figure let me ask for an even exchange.

I asked for the Worx Grounding Wires, it took a whole month to finally get them,

I go to install them this past weekend but they send me the ones for the WRX.

I give up, I'll sell them on the WRX forum in a couple of day and take the lost.

http://worxtuning.com/designtest/Catalog/engine/EGH.htm

WorxTuning sure know how to Fu<k-up a wet dream.

• 1 month later...

Archived