LegacyGT.com

Warranty valid worldwide?

Fly 2.5

Answered my own question:

These warranties are made by Subaru of America, Inc. (except in Hawaii) and apply only if the car was imported or distributed by Subaru of America, Inc. and sold to the first retail purchaser by an Authorized Subaru Dealer in the United States. Any and all repairs must be performed by an Authorized Subaru Dealer located in the United States.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Subaru of Canada honors warranty on cars imported from the U.S.

Don't know if it works other way around.

They have to, must be some legal reason as I'm sure they would love to be able to turn all the imports away if they could.

I would imagine the Subaru dealer in whatever country, would take it on a case by case situation. They might not have to but it looks very bad for them if they deny an obvious claim.

They have to, must be some legal reason as I'm sure they would love to be able to turn all the imports away if they could.

I would imagine the Subaru dealer in whatever country, would take it on a case by case situation. They might not have to but it looks very bad for them if they deny an obvious claim.

There's no legal requirement that SOA have reciprocal warranty repair agreements with any other Subaru importers. SOA makes those agreements as a service to its customers.

SOA currently has reciprocal warranty repair agreements with the Subaru importers in:

Hawaii

Guam

Puerto Rico

Canada

Mexico

If you ship your car to Europe, SOA will not reimburse a Subaru dealer there for any type of work on your car, even if it would have been covered by a warranty if the car were in the US. Since the dealer in Europe won't get reimbursed for his work, he's unlikely to do any repairs on your car unless you pay him.

Archived