LegacyGT.com

New Hampshire Information - looking for advice

willmaxr

I'll throw in another vote for Concord. A decent housing market ($300k will likely get you a nicer place here than it will in Manchester/Portsmouth/other built-up areas), good schools, and.. some stuff to do.

I'd also recommend Sunapee for NH ski people. It's not quite as tall as the white mountain stuff, but it's usually less busy. I went to Waterville a few years ago on a weekend, and I think I spent 20 minutes in line every run, and at Sunapee (where I've skied since I was a tyke) I don't think I usually spend more than 5-10, even on holiday weekends.

For some reason, massholes hate making that left turn onto I-89 :)

Also, it's 30 minutes or so roughly from Concord to Raymond, and it's 30 minutes from Portsmouth to Raymond. The only thing to consider about Portsmouth->Concord is that you spend a lot of time on 101, which is one of the more dangerous highways in NH.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48696

In NH for skiing Cannon is decent. $10 tickets on Wednesdays for residents (probably went up slightly) draws me back.

Also mittersill(abandoned ski area that is ski/walkable from Cannon peak) is a blast for ungroomed.

In NH for skiing Cannon is decent. $10 tickets on Wednesdays for residents (probably went up slightly) draws me back.

Also mittersill(abandoned ski area that is ski/walkable from Cannon peak) is a blast for ungroomed.

Done it several times. Here's a great link to Mittersill and a GREAT web site for New England:

http://www.nelsap.org/nh/mittersill.html

It's the New England Lost Ski Area Project. If it was once a ski mountain in NE, it's on this site. It is just amazing how many ski "hills" there once were in NE.

Thanks Guys. Long shot, but any contacts at the Exeter Hosp HR dept? My wife just posted up for a job there.

If you'd asked me this question 5 or 6 years ago, I would have said yes. An old neighbor was a very higher-up in admin there. You're wife shouldn't have a problem getting a job there as that hospital is growing like crazy! In the 7 years I've lived in Exeter, they have built a 3 level parking garage, a detached assisted living facility and an entire new wing. This place has too much money.

http://www.exeterhospital.com/aboutus/exeterhospital.asp

The pic in the upper left corner of the home page is the aforementioned new wing.

Hehe, yeah, I had seen that. It's better than it used to be.. until you get close to Hampton anyways, then it's still a 2-lane game of "Press Your Luck" with the people coming back from the beach. I greatly prefer, when I'm going to Portsmouth, taking Rt 4 to Portsmouth, then 1 or 1-A south along the coast.

It's a 100% nicer road (my god, some amazing houses along there) and it's less dangerous. :)

What dept is your wife interested in at EHR?

Cardiac Rehab. We'll be living in the area, so any area hosp. would prob. work. Just don't what any of the reputations are and who's hiring.

Thanks all.

Cardiac Rehab. We'll be living in the area, so any area hosp. would prob. work. Just don't what any of the reputations are and who's hiring.

Thanks all.

Unf I don't know anyone on that floor or HR. However in other parts yes.

And yes there are lots of hospitals around, oddly my wife commutes down 45 mins to MA border town but pay much better and she loves her hospital.

Archived