LegacyGT.com

wow

Yebbey

So...I took my car to engine logics. My car made a new sound today...a bad sound...the turbo is going. Luckily, I already bought a stock turbo just in case...didn't think I'd need it so soon. Engine logics charges $75 bucks an hour for labor....that's a bit steep for me, but I skimped the first time with the up/dp install and well, I'm pretty sure this turbo being gone is the guy who did the install's fault.

They did a dyno run and I made 204 whp.......I believe stage 2 is supposed to be some 40 hp more....

Any suggestions for a more affordable , good shop? Or is 75 the goiong rate for labor?

i have nothing bad to say only good stuff to say about Engine Logics

the price is kinda steep but look around and try to find a better deal

this is one of the better shops in houston that actually does good work

unlike some others i know of...

so BIG +1 to EL :icon_bigg

Not really TOO many shops around here in the south texas area...hit up nasioc/txic and get some recommendations also. There are couple of guys over there doing work on the side, that are stand up guys. Try PMing Danzborin over on TXIC. He does some stuff I believe. He's got a sticky at the top of the TXIC forum.

thanks, but I just left my car at engine logics this morning. They seem like good people. I wish it was cheaper, but I wanted to get this done as soon as possible. Also, my internet at home has been down since Tuesday, so I haven't been able to check Nasioc.....blocked from it at work. Hopefully, it's only the turbo that's messed up.

FYI, a stock LGT on the EL dyno puts down 170-175 whp. 204 for a Cobb Stage 2 is not bad on that dyno. Stock STIs on that dyno put down ~210 whp.

With a PDX stage 1.5T (up/down, TMIC) I made ~215. With the 20G setup (including boost control issues) I made ~245. Now that I've got that mostly fixed and a few other items added I hope to make ~275 when I go back.

$75/hr is pretty much the going rate for a full service shop. Dealerships are running ~$90/hr around Houston when last I checked.

oh, thanks for the info...I was wondering if the diff dyno may be showing the difference in numbers.

Well, they swapped my turbo and the noise was still coming. When I called the shop Chris told me he doesn't know what it is and it sounded like it may be coming from the cylinder....I was about to crap in my pants. When I picked it up he told me they fixed it and showed me what the problem was. The gasket between the up and the turbo had broken. It was a copper gasket from Crucial. So I'm thinking everyone should make extra sure if you're using the copper gaskets...you should make sure there is no leak, b/c those things will break. I consider myself pretty lucky to no have that break up more and go into the turbo.

oh, thanks for the info...I was wondering if the diff dyno may be showing the difference in numbers.

Well, they swapped my turbo and the noise was still coming. When I called the shop Chris told me he doesn't know what it is and it sounded like it may be coming from the cylinder....I was about to crap in my pants. When I picked it up he told me they fixed it and showed me what the problem was. The gasket between the up and the turbo had broken. It was a copper gasket from Crucial. So I'm thinking everyone should make extra sure if you're using the copper gaskets...you should make sure there is no leak, b/c those things will break. I consider myself pretty lucky to no have that break up more and go into the turbo.

Interesting. A friend of a friend w/ an LGT had a copper gasket crack and cause some rattling issues for him also...

Archived