LegacyGT.com

Is $21,900 a good proce for a 2005 GT?

dshin525

Hi. This is my 1st post.

I came across this forum while doing research on the legacy.

I test drove a 2005 GT Limited today and I really like the car. I used to have a 2001 2.5 RS a few yrs back. I am kicking myself for getting rid of it. But I know 1st hand the relaibility of Subarus.

Anyhow, the dealership has the car at $21,900. It has 21K miles, auto, and a spoiler. Carfax is clean. It is below what KBB and Edmunds says its worth retail. I cant find any around. One other dealership had one with higher miles for $24K.

I am hoping to get it down to $20K. But all in all, what is a good price to pay?

Thanks for your input.

Hi. This is my 1st post.

I came across this forum while doing research on the legacy.

I test drove a 2005 GT Limited today and I really like the car. I used to have a 2001 2.5 RS a few yrs back. I am kicking myself for getting rid of it. But I know 1st hand the relaibility of Subarus.

Anyhow, the dealership has the car at $21,900. It has 21K miles, auto, and a spoiler. Carfax is clean. It is below what KBB and Edmunds says its worth retail. I cant find any around. One other dealership had one with higher miles for $24K.

I am hoping to get it down to $20K. But all in all, what is a good price to pay?

Thanks for your input.

See my listing in Marketplace forum for 05 GT Limited in silver with stick.

I would rather buy from a dealership because I have a car that I want to trade in (2002 Maxima). I dont want to bother with selling it on my own.

The dealership is supposed to call me back tomorrow on how much they can offer for the trade. Then we'll see what happens. But even at $21,900 it seems to be a good price based on what I am seeing them go for across the country.

I picked up the car today! I am elated. The car is just flat out awesome!

I ended up getting the car for $22,400 out the door, and this also includes installation of the SPT CAI and heat shield (which will be done when the parts come in later this month). I thought that this was a good proce because here in Michigan, sales tax is 6%.

Archived