LegacyGT.com

CEL+Cruise Flash = No code?

My Father told me that he was driving the Outback XT (100% stock) when he had the CEL go off and the Cruise light flashing in sync w/ the CEL. He took the car to the dealership but the dealer couldnt pull any codes. He then told my father that the car was well over its oil change schedule (i already yelled at him lol). Anyway, the dealer said they didnt find any Codes. So he gets an oil change and then i dont know how much time after but he gets the CEL and Cruise flash again. And again the dealer cant pull any codes.

Does anyone have any experience w/ this? I tried the indash Code-retriever and I got P - - - - , his CEL is not lit, and the car shows no signs of damage or anything.

Oh and they already checked the gas cap, that wasnt the issue.

unless you were past 5,000 mile son the oil change you were nowhere near being WAY overdue on a change.

As far as the CEL and cruice control...i assume the CEL is on and the cruise is flashing, or are they both flashing?

Apparently he was like 10,000mi over, and the tech tried to tell him that Subaru's loose a quart of oil every 3,750mi (which isnt true). I already yelled at him for that. He knows cars but got lazy I guess. They have put like 45,000mi on the car in less than a year, lots of traveling from NY to NH so he must of just forgot since 10,000mi happens pretty fast at the rate he is going. I dont think the oil is what caused the CEL.

I think they said that they were both flashing together.

Archived