LegacyGT.com

Anyone run Goodyear ResponsEdges?

ScoobySTi07

I've pretty much blown through the good old RE92's and figure it's probably a good idea to get new tires before the winter. I live in Colorado but don't let that fool you the road crews out here are great and I rarely have to deal with snow covered roads for more then a day or so like you folks in the northeast, Canada or Alaska and those days happen less then half a dozen times a year. I've been thinking more of a high performance all-season tire leaning more towards performance. I know a lot of you like the Nokians and such but I just ran across something new.

The Goodyear Eagle featuring ResponsEdge Technology is a new offering from Goodyear that seems to be an interesting compromise between all-season tire and a more aggressive summer tire with a bunch of fancy shmancy technology/materials mixed in. Seems like a good idea but I don't if it will stand up. To give you an idea of the ability my tires need I drove on the RE92's all winter, it was a reasonably snowy winter, I thought they didn't perform too poorly after all they got me through some reasonably hairy drives to and from the ski areas.

So I was wondering if anyone has driven on the ResponsEdges or if anyone knows anyone who has? I’ve read a lot of the posts on all-season and snow tires but it’s just kind of hard to really compare them all. So if anyone has a good recommendation for a tire with the same all-season performance and a little bit better summer performance than the RE92's that might last more then 10,000 miles I would appreciate the help.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Archived