LegacyGT.com

Need Help Tackling Exhaust Leak!!

So I just installed a new UP and DP and have an exhaust leak somewhere. My first impression was somewhere between the manifold and the turbo but when the car is in full boost, you can hear a whistling noise telling me it's probably coming from the DP. After about 5-10 minutes, the car and all the components warm up and it goes away and it almost seems as though it loses about a half a step on take-offs making me think that it must be on the DP side. If it were on the UP side of things, wouldn't it be losing boost if there was a leak? I've done some searching but haven't had any luck. Please advise.

sure its not the turbo(noise) itself?

it would have to be a HUGE leak to 'lose' boost, & still u wont really lose it u just wont gain the same, because tu much exhaust is leaking instead of spinning the turbo to generate boost.

go though a couple warm -ups & cool downs & retighten all nuts/bolts. main leaks people have had were at the maifold to uppipe. also at the dp to exhaust connection

hope that helps

Thanks man. I agree that it's probably the turbo making the noise leading me to believe it's coming after the turbo, i.e torbo to DP. I thought it would be the manifold to UP leak as well but this whistling noise is throwing me off but will recheck that again. As far as the DP-exhaust... don't think this is the case because it's definately coming from the front side of the car. Thanks again.

Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot to mention. When I opened everything up, I found one of the nuts missing on the top of the stock DP where it connects to the turbo. All the other bolts came lose fairly easy as well. I replaced it with a nut that connected the 2 portions of the stock DP together. Should I be concerned?

Archived