LegacyGT.com

Winners Window Tint + Front End Protection Quotes

ssaldana

I will be bringing my car to Winners Window Tint (WWT) in Rockville MD this Saturday to have my windows tinted and a clear bra kit put on. For those of you interested in prices, Here are they are: Car: 2005 LEGACY GT SEDAN Rockblocker kit (Lifetime Warranty): $190 shipped (Sale) WWT Installation: $150 Total: $340 WWT kit (6 year warranty? around there): $200 WWT Installation: $89.64 Total: $289.64 Personally, I would just go ahead and order from Rockblocker and have the kit installed at WWT. Rockblockers kit has a few more pieces (according to WWT) and has the nice lifetime warranty. If you wanted to TINT your car at WWT, mention that you are a NASIOC member and they will lower their price from $189 to $129.

Well, my car is tinted and the clear bra is on. Complaints: Tint on the rear passenger window has a 3-4 inch scratch Clear Bra has a noticeable crease near the grill Im still waiting for some small bubbles to evaporate as the bra is still curing on to the hood. They did a good job on the tint aside from the scratch. I still cannot determine if the scratch is on the tint or window. It's likely from the tint but I'll get it checked out soon. I will be contacting Winners Window tint tommorow to try to resolve the problems mentioned.

I went to Winners when I had my WRX. They did the tint and clearshield that I had. They did a pretty good job, and they said if you find any scratches or what not, they will fix them. My clearshield had a little hair and a few bubbles under it after all was said and done. It wasn't so bad because my car was WRB, but on my new black legacy it might stand out some more. The only problem for me is, they are kinda far and if their is a problem its a long drive back there. You can't beat their prices though.

Hey guys, visited winners window tint just now. The scratch on the tint ended up being a scratch on the GLASS! damnit SUBARU. Lawrence told me the crease on the hood will disappear over time, it isn't too big of a deal with me. I think he's still getting over that learning curve on the new legacy, mine being his first one. The next legacy he does should turn out better. Overall they did a great job on the tint and a decent one on the clear shield. I would recommend them. Advice: If you're purchasing a new car and plan to tint it in the future, grab some shaded film and hold it behind all the glass in the car to make sure there are no scratches. oh... and I'll post pictures this weekend. My brother is coming home with his digital SLR.

Keefe: The bra is working out the imperfections (bubbles, tiny ripples) gradually. Overall it looks clear and not so noticeable on the garnet red paint. When I first showed up with the car at WWT, the guys said they had a black legacy in there not too long ago, must have been yours. highway: I have no idea. I was under the impression that they computer cut their tints but when they re-did one of my windows, I noticed the guy manually cutting the tint, although it was still a perfect job.

• 1 month later...
I had my Legacy done at Winners on Nov 9th. They did a great job, had one bubble at the bottom of my rear passenger door, but I pushed that out and got it to stay out. Other then that it was an amazing job. they did a much better job this time, then the time I had my WRX in early this year.

I also had tint and rockblocker done at WWT. the hood piece for the rockblocker kit did not seal well - bubbles - and WWT replaced it for me. Looks better this time, though has not finished sealing. another trim piece from the kit was not well aligned. but I recommend these guys anyway, as they will readily fix any problems and are professional.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='kanoswrx']I had my Legacy done at Winners on Nov 9th. They did a great job, had one bubble at the bottom of my rear passenger door, but I pushed that out and got it to stay out. Other then that it was an amazing job. they did a much better job this time, then the time I had my WRX in early this year.[/QUOTE] Glad to hear they are treating people right.

• 6 years later...

I don't even have a subaru but just had to register so I can reply to this post. DO NOT go to Winners in Rockville, MD. They used to do a good job in the past but craftmanship has been going downhill lately. Probably because owner is rarely there and he's got unskilled employees doing the work. Took my brand new benz for clear bra and my paint got nicked. I wanted the area above the rear wheels done so they couldn't use precut film and had to custom cut it (that's where paint got nicked). You can see the crappy jagged cutting done above the wheel and its starting to come undone along the edges with black dirt stuck underneath (my car is white). Also got my front windshield tinted. Cut is all crooked along the top edge.

Just a warning! Go only if you want a shoddy job or want to get it redone again elsewhere.

I go to Cutting Edge Tint in Gaithersburg (Airpark). They did my windows and tinted my tail lights and did an awesome job. I had my old WRX tinted at Winners and it was a good tint job, but I like Cutting Edge's work a lot better. They also give discounts for mentioning forums. Ask for TJ, he's the owner.

http://www.cuttingedgetint.com/

Archived