LegacyGT.com

How do you remove passenger seat?

LegGTLT

I've tried taking off the bolts that people speak about in here but I'm having trouble reaching the bolts near the center counsole and the second bolt further under the right side of the passenger seat. I've used a 10mm attachment on a screwdriver and a socket wrench with attachment to try and get these but can only get one off so far. The gf dropped something down the side and it's underneath the seat now. :( Thoughts? Pics? Help? :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

4 bolts - two in the front, two in the back - you need to unbolt the rails and lift the seat...

there are also SRS connectors underneath and the damn seatbelt mount.

i would advise to take off 4 rail bolts and just lift the seat a little and get what you need from under it. do not disconnect SRS and seatbelt - more trouble than it is worth.

EDIT: and give your GF a good spanking once you are done. or you can let me do it...

I will ask her if it's ok. ;)

Ok, so I'm looking at the seat from behind and I'm not seeing any bolts... I took off the two silver nuts in front of the seat that point towards the front of the car. This may have screwed some things up. Now the seat doesn't want to move unless I push on it. I figured out that these are obviously connected to the seat motor, maybe :iam: Now I can't get these to come out far enough to reattach them. :( The seat is making funny sounds and now I'm mad. :mad:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

the bolts are at the end of the rails and are covered with pretty plastic caps... remove the caps, you will see the bolts. you may have to move the seat forward to expose the backs of rear rails. the fronts should be accessible with the seat moved back.

i am too lazy to go out and look at it again, but i removed my passanger seat over a year ago, when my dog puked in between the seat and the consol after it had eaten some nasty poop... it smelled really bad!!! :lol:

did you figure it out yet???

what did your girl say? i'll settle for some nekid pics... deal or no deal :icon_wink:icon_bigg

Thanks guys. You've been very helpful but now there's more. Hold on... FV$%$^$&*%*$&$%!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: So yeah... I found the 15-16mm black ones in front and I was able to use a wrench with a large extention to pry them loose and lift the seat just back enough to reach under it. Make-up product found and retrieved. :rolleyes: PROBLEM: The bolt by the door WILL NOT GO BACK IN. I'm about to grease it up and try again but it's being a little biatch and not cooperating. tytek, if this thing doesn't go back together you may be getting nekked pics of my EX-gf at this rate. :(

OTHER PROBLEM: I originally took off the wrong nuts/bolts as described in my previous post. I finally got both of them to show enough to screw back on but now the seat just makes wierd noises and goes about 5-10 inches before stopping... WTF?!?!?!?! :( I'm going out to blow up the car as we speak... I feel like hogmeat here. :redface:

before u tighten the floor bolts have them all started. if you tighten them before starting the others the seat may tweek a little and they wont start. get all 4 started and then tighten. try to use a socket to avoid damaging thoes bolts man. i have no idea on the seat motor part. my legacy has manual seats other wise iw ould take a look and see what u did. check the vacation pics?

Sorry, meant to put socket wrench in that last post. I put it in the first post but forgot it in the last. :redface: I only took out the front two and have adjusted back and forth on slowly working each one in. It just doesn't seem to matter, it's like 1/3 the way through it just siezes up and won't go any further. I've had a light in there and blew air to clear out anything... it all seems fine. I even switched the bolts to see if that was the problem but the left side by the center counsole always just glides right in. :iam:

well if your positive it started correctly and isnt cross threaded then as long as it doesnt feal liek your stripping it, just tighten er up. when i take out seats i use my 3/8 impact gun but like i said i have all 4 volts loose. it might be worth a shot to remove the 2 covers in the rear of the seat and losen thoes bolts up. thats mostlikely easyer then fighting the one in

Well, I oiled it up a bit and used the scoket wrench and it went in. A little tough by hand but it went in. It definitely wasn't stripping, it just felt like it needed a little help. :D Now the only problem left... is that my passenger seat does not work now. :( I accidently took the smaller nuts off and then when I screwed them back in it still doesn't work. Looks like I need to pay the dealer a visit. :redface:

Hmmm... wierd. On diagram 4 Front Seat RH (Power seat) it shows T3 as the bolts that hold down the seat. Those are the ones I removed in front to lift the seat up. Now for the nuts I pulled off the first time that have affected the power seat are NOT listed on there. :iam: They should be attached to the rails below part 14 but it shows no parts. Weird... :confused:

CAUTION:

Never disassemble the seat cushion frame assembly

and slide rail, remove the occupant detection

control module and each load cell

sensor, or disconnect the harness connector,

since the occupant detection control module,

each load cell sensor and harness of occupant

detection system (passenger’s seat only) are

installed as seat frame assembly.

this maybe why we are not seeing the bolts in the photo, its because they are not ment to be serviced at all.

Well, SH*T. That's not good... I didn't disassemble it though on the otherhand. Just removed the nuts which allowed me to move the seat back and forth manually. Wonder what I did. :iam:

Nope, nothing is lining up. :( I've adjusted the bolts from all the way tightened which won't allow any movement of the seat. I've also loosened them quite a bit which then allows the seat to slightly move but with wierd grinding (read "not good") sounds and it still only moves a few inches. Here are some pics. Hard to get good light and the flash kinda whites it out. Still gives you an idea of what I'm talking about...

PasSeat1.JPG.118150b219f50a4c383e69f17fad3318.JPG

PasSeat2.JPG.779e2dcb65b48455aec1681bbcf68cf5.JPG

When I run it forward it just sputters kinda and moves the left side a little longer then the right. So picture this: push forward, funny/ugly sounds as it slowly moves, right side stops and left moves a little more forward to put the seat at a slight angle. :iam: The bolt is up and the nuts reattched. Before, I couldn't get the bolt to pop out from the hole after moving the seat manually. So once they both popped out I just re-attached the nuts. I guess I could just undo the nuts again and try to get it going... I just don't wanna f it up too much if I don't have too.

Rich: So far south it's in Chile??? :eek: Damn... that's what I call SOUTH :p...not good news though, sorry to hear.

P.S. meier: I REALLY appreciate the help buddy, thanks! :D

:lol:

LegGTLT ... the carpet is covering the bolts you need. Take out the rubber floormat and then lift the bottom of the "apron" around the passenger seat. Then you'll see the bolts for the bracket you need.

Edit: N/M ... I missed a key post earlier.

The fastest way to get the passenger seat out is to just hit the eject button. It was a dealer installed option, but well worth the money - and the seat completely clears through the large sunroof opening in the wagon. Works every time.

Hey I just thought this thread could use a little lightening up.

Scott

The fastest way to get the passenger seat out is to just hit the eject button. It was a dealer installed option, but well worth the money - and the seat completely clears through the large sunroof opening in the wagon. Works every time.

Scott

snot funny dude!:icon_wink

Scott

:lol: Thanks, I actually needed that. :) I about give up on this and I know it's going to turn out to be something really simple. Hopefully the dealer is nice to me. :redface:

• 9 months later...
Ok, I just phoned my dealer, they said 1 hr labor ($90) to re-calibrate the air bag system as removing the front passenger seat can cause improper operation of the airbag due to the occupant detection system..

How the hell does the weight sensor go wonky if I remove 4 bolts and tilt the seat back?

I've had my passenger seat out on three separate occasions and the passenger side ABS sensor still seems to operate as it originally did. Light says ON when someone is sitting in the seat, light says off when no one is in the seat, and with enough pressure from my hand I can get it to go back on again.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived