LegacyGT.com

Who has the most expensive gas in the Bay Area?

GBY

• 2 weeks later...
Believe it or not, there is cheap gas in Kentfield, of all places. As of this morning Woodlands Gas had premium for $2.19 a gallon. It use to be a Valero station, but the owner went independent. He buys the gas from the Chevron refinery, which explains why my WRX runs just as well as it did when I filled-up, religiously, at Chevron. The station is on College Ave and Woodland Ave. He also owns Larkspur Gas, which is on Magnolia, and has the same prices.

• 2 months later...
Update: My local is now at $2.70, anyone seen 91 over $3.00 yet? Bush says the strategic reserve cannot be tapped because it's there incase of terrorism disrupting supply, IIRC, at which point I'm outta here.

Didn't they disrupt the supply or at least push the speculation bit higher. :roll: From the analyst reports I saw, crude which is trading around $40/barrel now should really be about $30 a barrel. Some price drop after the war. :roll:

I can't remenber when but OPEC cut production which naturally increased the price. However that’s only part of our problem because we only get 1/3 of our oil here in the US from OPEC (source: BBC World Service) The problem we have with prices here in CA is local supply issues, I believe 1 of the 4 refineries in Northern CA has been closed down, the oil companies have us by the short and curlies.

I don't think anyone who drives an SUV has the right to complain about the price of gas. In certain ways, I hope it stays high so American's will be forced to drive smaller, less polluting cars. Why do you think they drive turbo charged 4 bangers in Europe and Japan?

[quote name='HomerJay']I don't think anyone who drives an SUV has the right to complain about the price of gas. In certain ways, I hope it stays high so American's will be forced to drive smaller, less polluting cars.[/quote] Very well said, I totallly agree.

[quote name='Gumby'][quote name='HomerJay']I don't think anyone who drives an SUV has the right to complain about the price of gas. In certain ways, I hope it stays high so American's will be forced to drive smaller, less polluting cars.[/quote] Very well said, I totallly agree.[/quote] Haha, yeah I agree as well. You have a very good point. But those of us... well actually not me since I don't have a car... but those of us looking into getting a smaller engined car, or those with a small engined car, shouldn't be punished like that! There should be more government incentives for having non-SUV's. Or are there some already? I have no clue...
-ben

[quote name='axis008'][quote name='Gumby'][quote name='HomerJay']I don't think anyone who drives an SUV has the right to complain about the price of gas. In certain ways, I hope it stays high so American's will be forced to drive smaller, less polluting cars.[/quote] Very well said, I totallly agree.[/quote] Haha, yeah I agree as well. You have a very good point. But those of us... well actually not me since I don't have a car... but those of us looking into getting a smaller engined car, or those with a small engined car, shouldn't be punished like that! There should be more government incentives for having non-SUV's. Or are there some already? I have no clue...[/quote] Unfortuately there are incentives for HAVING big SUV's, there's a business tax writeoff for owning a vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Rating over 6000lb IIRC.

• 2 years later...
[quote name='HomerJay']That's nothing. $2.40 is about average for premium. Try driving around marin county. $2.40 is the low end for regular. Premium is in the +$2.80.[/quote] bump -- $2.80/gallon? Ahh, the good old days...

Archived