LegacyGT.com

I FINALLY GOT MY PLATES (question inside)

godwhomismike

I got my plates this evening, but they didn't have anyone to drill in the front plates - is there any way around drilling the front bumper? I'm probably going to order the LegacyGT.com license plate holders this weekend - nice addition for my Legacy. I'm going to set up an appt. tomorrow to see when I could have the subwoofer/amp, autodimming mirror, and window etching done. Friday, while I'm at work, I'm going have my Dad take it down theblock to have the inspection done. Hopefully by Saturday afternoon everything will be all finished. (yes, I am feeling better now) - Mike

you can use 3M doubled sided foam things they will hold on your plate, or just crumple up the plate and put it in the back and if you get pulled over say you got in a fender bender and your meaning to get it back on.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']you can use 3M doubled sided foam things they will hold on your plate, or just crumple up the plate and put it in the back and if you get pulled over say you got in a fender bender and your meaning to get it back on.[/quote] What's the 3M thing? Also isn't there clips or something? - Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I bought my car in PA (they don't use front plates), and when it came time to put on my front plates I was worried about how to install them, especially with those wimpy two small holes already on the bumper. Anyway, the answer was no drilling, no tape, just a screw driver and two self-tapping screws from Home Depot.

Try 3M Dual Lock adhesive attachment strips. You can search the 3M website or get them from West Marine ([url]www.westmarine.com[/url]) just enter the SKU number 125841. I think you might also get them from Home Depot. This is super strong velcro- 10 times stronger than the conventional stuff. It has industrial adhesive on one side and some 'non-furry' velcro stuff on the other. It comes in 1"x3" strips. The photo in the WM catalog doesn't really do it justice though. If you use four 3 inch strips I really don't think that plate would go anywhere- you could probably get by with two or three strips. Also they are clear so they wouldn't show up (as much) when the plate was removed. I use this stuff for all kinds of strong attachments (mounting fire extinguishers, etc.) Just a thought- Rimfaxe

[quote name='Rimfaxe']This is super strong velcro- 10 times stronger than the conventional stuff[/QUOTE] Oh yeah, I know the 3M stuff you're talking about!! I wouldn't even call it velcro since it's so strong. It came with my EZ pass to mount on the windshield, lets just say the car I traded in still has one side of the velcro still on the windshield :lol:

[quote name='GranTourer']Oh yeah, I know the 3M stuff you're talking about!! I wouldn't even call it velcro since it's so strong. It came with my EZ pass to mount on the windshield, lets just say the car I traded in still has one side of the velcro still on the windshield :lol:[/QUOTE] egg-zackley! I was trying to remember where I used the stuff on my car... I use it frequently for boats- electronic installations, locker hooks, etc. It ought to hold the front plate on the bumper- even at 100 mph.

Great to hear Mike, hope that everything works out. Personally I have asked Subaru when I order to "Special Order" the front bar NOT to be drilled. Hate the idea of holes. So I am going to order a sticker that looks like the front number plate and just stick it on. Hey if its good enough for Ferrari's and Lambo's and M's, tis good enough for me. All the best with everything, sounds like its coming together. PS Boys, just going to slide this thread into Exteriors. Thanks Adam.

Archived