LegacyGT.com

Any 2007 owners buy Subaru's remote starter?

Anyone know if this is for 07s only or if it can be retrofitted to 05s? I know when I bought my car they said it would be over a grand to get one installed due to some problem w/ the alarm system.

It would be nice to have for the fall/winter....burrrrrr....mmm preheated seats

might be able to get it programed for 05's

not sure

I just got an 07GT auto yesterday. The remote starter wasnt programed in, so it didnt work yet ( i have to go back). The only benefit I see to it, is that they give you two remote starter's and only one for keyless entry/and popping trunk. My mom has the main remote and a keyless entry remote while I have a normal key and a remote starter. Realistically they should have just given us to keyless entry with a remote start built in but its nice that i can remote start as well:)

I just got an 07GT auto yesterday. The remote starter wasnt programed in, so it didnt work yet ( i have to go back). The only benefit I see to it, is that they give you two remote starter's and only one for keyless entry/and popping trunk. My mom has the main remote and a keyless entry remote while I have a normal key and a remote starter. Realistically they should have just given us to keyless entry with a remote start built in but its nice that i can remote start as well:)

You should have gotten

2 Keyless entry Fobs

2 Remote Start Fobs

3 Keys

If you didn't... you should go back to the dealership and ask for what you're missing... and you have to bring back all of your Remote start fobs and keys to get one of them programmed. The Remote start fob is programmed as a key... and all of keys have to be done at the same time or else the keys you didn't bring won't unlock the engine immobilizer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so i should have to keyless entry Fobs? I have 1 key and 1 keyless entry fob and 2 remote starters....whats the deal with that? Why would they not give that to me upon purchase? Did everyone recieve this?

sometimes a dealership loses them. sometimes they lose them for one car and take them from another car. If you don't have what I posted above... you should go back and ask for them. you should have 2 Keyless fobs, 2 Remote entry fobs, and 3 keys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived