LegacyGT.com

Anyone intall a grille?

scottybuckeye

I have a dremel... but not a battery one. You have to sand to install his grille? Maybe I am thinking the wrong thing...

When I got my RBS... I unbolted my old one... undid the facia fasteners, and pulled it out. The new one slid in place. Required tools were a 10mm socket, 3/8" extension, 3/8" ratchet, and a flat blade screwdriver.

His is not like that? We can look at it on Sunday... but if cutting and sanding are required... a parking lot is not going to be a good place to do it right....

Yeah, I was somewhat confused when you mentioned doing it on Sunday. Well I do believe cutting and drilling are involved. Here are the link I need to use... In it they cut and sand off the emblem supports then clean up the grille frame w/ some bondo.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29392&highlight=LIP

Buy some bondo, paint primer, dark metal rustoleum, and different grades of sand paper(i didn't buy different grades and will be spending a weekend later on fixing that) and borrow a friends dremel if you dont have one. I used the groute removal bit as the cutting discs were a little unweildy.

The major problem with dremeling for me was I didn't want to over heat it so I had to take out the wings in like 4 rounds instead of 1 whole round.

The Grille guy mesh goes in front of the existing grill to cover the wings. Some cutting is required. The grille is held in place with zip ties

I ended up ordering an RBS grille. I just couldn't do the grille with zip ties. RBS is way over priced though.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived