LegacyGT.com

Gas milage issue

Maybe I'm just seeing things but I need another opinion.

A while back noticed that after fill up my tank with gas I get great gas milage for the first 100 or so miles. then all of a sudden it goes down about 10 miles. I've tried almost everything. tired filling the tanks part away, thinking maybe it was so full the gas guage couldn't measure correctly, same thing. tried commuting 90% of time by highway, samething. tried city same thing. tried gunning it for the first 100 then changing to casual. minor improvment at best but still the same result. even filled it up with premium then later on fuel cleaner. minor results but still bad. anything else I should try? I mean I can live with it fine but if it's not me then what is it?

Well to answer rotten's question I'm getting about 22 - 25 miles per gallon give or take. then drops to almost 15 - 17 give or take. My friend hooked up a digital gas gauge thatr showed precentage. like the ones at http://www.dakotadigital.com and it pretty much backed up the reading on the gas needle.

To answer Scotty's question it as recently service about a month ago. It's under 100,000 miles. again it might be me but just a second or third opinion.

Archived