LegacyGT.com

I'm getting screwed...

Legacy05GT

Ok, heres the deal: I bought a "Clear bra" kit online. I brought it to an applicator Applicator said kit didn't fit, he cutom put on a kit, he had the 3m material The people i bought it from online don't take returns and say i took it to the "wrong" applicator. So right now, heres the expenses $360 - online kit $550 - Applicators custom kit w/ install $150 - Applicators labor price for trying to put on the kit i bought online. $1060 - Total So basically i'm stuck here with 3/4 of a 3m kit that "doesn't fit" . Neither the kit sellers or the applicator will admit fault. What are my outs, besides issueing a stop-pay to credit card company?

[quote name='Legacy05GT']Ok, heres the deal: I bought a "Clear bra" kit online. I brought it to an applicator Applicator said kit didn't fit, he cutom put on a kit, he had the 3m material The people i bought it from online don't take returns and say i took it to the "wrong" applicator. So right now, heres the expenses $360 - online kit $550 - Applicators custom kit w/ install $150 - Applicators labor price for trying to put on the kit i bought online. $1060 - Total So basically i'm stuck here with 3/4 of a 3m kit that "doesn't fit" . Neither the kit sellers or the applicator will admit fault. What are my outs, besides issueing a stop-pay to credit card company?[/quote] If you bought it on a credit card, charge it back. That's the best way.

I delt with XX-Tuning before they were some good people. The thing I see which can be a problem is this, if the clearshield that you bought online isn't in perfect condition I don't see how a reseller could take it back unless it was their fault that they sent you the wrong one. But if thats what you ordered and you didn't realize it until you started putting it on, well they can't go back and sell that once you return it. The only way they will take it back is if they are a nice seller who wants good customer satisfaction.

• 1 month later...
I am glad to hear that everything worked out in the long run. From past experiences I have seen and heard about installers claiming kits dont fit. That is not always the case, but at least you were taken care of. I assume with the custom kit that meant they cut it on your car?

Archived