LegacyGT.com

Fold or Recline front pass seat on LGT Wagon?

Atroz

Hello,

I currently own a 2002 WRX wagon which has a 'undocumented' feature in the front passenger seat. The WRX seat will recline almost to the horizontal if you first fold it forward, then back. You can't go straight back.

Does the LGT (2007) offer anything similar? I.e. Can you fold or recline the seat to a near horizontal level?

I'm interested in this as I like the flexibilty of bringing home a pile of lumber from the lumber yard. The regular "between-the-seats" method doesn't work well for wider or many boards.

Thanks.

Hmmm.

I doubt it since the passenger side seat is power in the LGT. Is it the same in the WRX?

I can go out and try it in a bit and see anyways.

WRX is not powered (unless you count the heating elements). Seat backs aren't powered anyway, right? So they should pivot as far on a powered vs non-powered seat, I'd assume

Please do check. This has been bugging me, but not enough to go bug/subject myself to a dealer about it.

Thanks.

^^^ That's how I carry 2x12s!!!

In Japan, it is common for people to sleep in their cars during lunch. A lot of the cars are set up so that the front passenger seat will recline all the way flat and then the occupant can sit in the rear seat with their legs on the front seat.

I remember seeing an old JDM Outback brochure that showed Mel Gibson sitting in the back seats with his legs on the front seat.

However, the JDM Outback and Legacy seats are completely different than USDM.

Sorry it took so long to get this back up. To make up for it, I took some pics ;).

Yeah, crappy camera phone pics, but they should get the point across.

BTW, I have the Limited version, that may shed some light on the power seat option.

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much! The pictures gave me a very clear understanding and I'm very happy with what it shows.

My power seat will recline completely horizontal with our without the headrest. If you keep the headrest on, just move the whole seat all the way forward and then drop the back down. If you don't keep the headrest, then you obviously don't have to move it forward as far to drop it.

Also, much discussion on this when it first came out and potential LGT buyers had questions. The LGT's heated seats heat both the seat cushion and the back cushion.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My power seat will recline completely horizontal with our without the headrest. If you keep the headrest on, just move the whole seat all the way forward and then drop the back down. If you don't keep the headrest, then you obviously don't have to move it forward as far to drop it.

Also, much discussion on this when it first came out and potential LGT buyers had questions. The LGT's heated seats heat both the seat cushion and the back cushion.

SBT

Yeah, that lower back heater is my favorite "hidden" feature :)

• 2 weeks later...

i wish it were full frame, as well. there are technological limitations, though. from all reports, the m8 seems to be an excellent translation of the leica experience into the digital age.

and i wish it were 4K; its probably 4.8K:icon_mad:

Archived