LegacyGT.com

vanity plate question

if you order vanity plates, usually you are given like 60 day temp plates while they are being made from the DMV, these are different from the temp plates by the dealer, which are usually only good 20-30 days... It all depends on the state though...try calling your DMV

Do you have plates off your trade in or another car? If not, you'll get a stickerless license plate and you'll have to put the temp registration sticker on the inside of your rear window. Then you'll get the registration and plate sticker in the mail in a few weeks. If you order a vanity plate (its been a LONG time for me) you will likely get a stickerless vanity plate, and in another envelope, a registration card with the sticker in the envelope. Either way, you'll be just fine.

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']if you order vanity plates, usually you are given like 60 day temp plates while they are being made from the DMV, these are different from the temp plates by the dealer, which are usually only good 20-30 days... It all depends on the state though...try calling your DMV[/quote] You mean being made by Bubba at the state pen. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

its right on the form: [quote]If the applicant wishes to operate the vehicle before recieving the plate, he/she must use a plate from the regular series.[/quote] D'oh.. guess i need to transfer that old plate to this one.. while waiting on my personal plate...

but we do have a kick ass website: state.pa.us keyword: DMV most things can be done online... license renewal, etc.. this is one of the few things that requires a physical form. But.. its all very well explained, and in TWO clicks.. i had the proper form.

Archived