LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 help! Losing MPG?

I got 27 mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........on the way to work, full tank of gas 70 mph with cruise on. 35 mile commute. I am convinced it is all in the foot. My last tank I only got 280, and i was beginning to think I had a leak. Nope just a Fat Foot:)

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All,

Need some help & advice from my LGT owners about Stage 2. Here's the setup:

........I'm noticing HUGE losses in Fuel Economy.

On a Full Tank, driving *conservatively* (No Hard Revving, No "gunning" the car, etc.):

1. Stock (Before Stage 2): I averaged ~310-340 miles on a full tank (w/ AC running).

2. Stage 2 (after installation): I'm getting 275 - 290 miles.

HUGE economy losses? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm happy to maintain 260-280 miles (same as stock) to the tank after going stage 2, gunnin' it a few times a day in short bursts :icon_bigg , I was able to get 20 more miles to the tank at stage 1....overall a very very lowp rice to pay for good performance gains, can't have both good accleration and increased mileage now can we??!! :D

** the 260-280 includes 26 mile round trip to work and back home in 1/2 traffic each way, 5 days per week.

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Hi All,

Thanks again for everyone's help & advice! I have an update on my MPG situation:

* After the 3rd & 4th Full Tank runs, I logged in:

* 3rd Tank: ~326 Miles (~24 MPG average)

* 4th Tank: ~321 Miles (~23 MPG average) (I did a little gunning here and there :lol:)

(Reminder: STOCK, I was averaging ~310 - 350 miles on a full tank.)

So, overall, looks like it was just my ECU getting used to the new configuration / Stage II! :) (Joy)

Well this makes me feel a lot better (I was worried I might have some kind of leak as well). YOSHAAA!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Archived