LegacyGT.com

Potentially selling my 05 LGT - stupid questions

Hey Guys,

I have an 05 LGT at stage2. It has Tein basic coilovers, STI UP, Cobb DP, Borla CBE and a TDC St2 map.

I love this car and modified it only because i planned on keeping it for the long term myself and i wasn't worried about trade-in or potential buyers.

But due to unforseen family issues I will have to get rid of this car.

I've never actually sold a car outright, although I know thats usually the best way. I've definitely never sold a car with any modifications.

My stupid questions are:

- Should I try to sell this outright with the modifications or should I try to get these parts off and sell them seperately? I can get the pipes off, but would have trouble getting under the car to remove the coilovers in my garage, very little room. I'd be willing to cut a sweet deal (really sweet) for anyone that had interest in the coilovers and had a place to take them off with me.

- Is trying to trade this in a bad route? if I did trade this in, same question - take the crap off there and sell it outright?

Well, most modified cars when sold, the sellers won't get the cost of the mods done to the car (typically). Your best bet is if you sell the car privately, is to remove the mods and sell them separately.

As for trading a car in, you'd get more money from a private sale, but it's much less of a hassle to trade a car in. So the choice is yours on that respect. It all depends on what you can afford (money and time wise) in that department.

Archived