LegacyGT.com

How easy to hook-up OE subwoofer

I picked up my LGT a few weeks ago, and it has the OE subwoofer. I've read many threads with people saying the audio quality isn't the best. However, I think the system sounds great. Pretty clean sound (I'll probably update the in door speakers), and it's plenty loud for me, and the sub provides good bass for what I listen to, I'm not a rap guy so I don't need a constant thumping.

As for an install, I can't help ya there. Sorry.

Was interested in picking up an OE subwoofer as my standard model did not come with one. Is it worth it? How easy is it to install? Any info would be great.

Best,

Peter

put one in my Forester 03 not hard just follow instructions. all plug-in, route supplied cable, install under seat. you do have to take radio out, no big deal trim pieces are easy just snap in/out. if you were thinking of the Jazzy I-Pod install then would be a perfect time to do it. you can find instructions for removal of trim/radio if you "search". sub sounds much better so good in fact that i'm going to install one in my LGT soon. has it's own cross-over which frees up the other speakers the Jazzy I-Pod works good also. rock on :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I think that it was worth it but the OEM Panasonic is not a real strong sub being only 6" dia. I use it to fill in the low-mids where the stock door speakers are lacking. However, it does add some nice low end punch wuthout being overpowering.

I may replace ther stock door speakers with Polk db650/db6500 sets and then reset the gain and cut on the sub.

I put the OEM sub in my '06 OBW 2.5i M/T. The install was not hard once I figured out how to get to the harness plug on the back of the head unit and the included instructions are rather vague. The install required a major disassembly of the console to pull the head unit out far enough to even see the harness plug.

:icon_conf

Only other 'gotcha' is to pay attention to the screws around the head unit as they are of several types and the threads are not the same. It is is easy to use the wrong screw and strip the plastic out of the console threads. Very bad!!!

:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

• 7 months later...
Can someone please post some pics of how the sub fits under the seat? I want to put my carputer under there, but I might get the sub too, and I don't know how much space it takes up.

On a slightly unrelated note, I would like to know what is involved with taking out the front passenger seat. There are the 4 bolts that hold the seat frame to the floor, but how many connectors are there to remove (heated, power and airbag, I assume) can I lift the seat up a bit and tilt it back to get to the connectors to unplug them??

Thanks.

sub doesn't go under seat...it goes under the rear deck behind the rear seat...look under the deck from the trunk area, you'll see the cutout

Not in the wagon... and every installation of the aftermarket OEM sub that I have heard about goes under the front passenger seat.

Also, the install manual for it has it installed uner that seat. I just want to know how big it is and how much room I have left to work with... http://thel7.com/Accessory%20Install%20Doc%27s/legacy_subwoofer.pdf

both of my installations where under the front seat. there is only room for the sub woofer nothing else including left rear passenger feet :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Yours in the rear deck????? Both of mine have been under the drivers seat. There would be no way to connect under the rear deck with the suppied connectors.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

oh sebberry btw, garage sale on at Docksteader first two weeks of may, 25% off accessories, 10% off labor/install.

I asked about the subwoofer and they still have to order it in for the legacy, don't know about the outback.

Don't quote me on this but I think you can pick it up or get it installed whenever as long as you order and pay for it before the end of the week. Just a good reason for another meet!

The cutout in the rear deck is ONLY used if you get the McIntoch stereo system (ie - non-USDM). All the USDM cars get the little sub under the seat.

Really? I wonder how it sounds

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

• 2 months later...

where does the little black plug on the radio side of the harness go

i installed everyhting on my sub but it didn't work. at first i thought maybe the harness for wrx was dif than that of a legacy, but from what i read they are the same.

any ideas? I am currently lookingf ofr a way to ttest the sub to make sure it isn't just dead

• 4 years later...

Archived