LegacyGT.com

Sacramento ticket hotspots

FJ60

90% of my driving is in Roseville and I believe traffic enforcement there is more active than in other Sac-area communities.

Hotspots I've noticed:

(1) going up Sierra College Blvd from Roseville (mainly mid-morning to late afternoon)

(2) going up Sierra College Blvd from Rocklin (mainly early morning commute)

(3) anywhere on Douglas between Sunrise and Sierra College, especially @ night

Can you guys think of others?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

roseville/rocklin area sucks. cops have no real crime to fight and take it out on anyone that isnt under 120pounds 15 of those pounds being silicone.

natomas can be bad, but the cops here are stupid. people race in my neighborhood (suburan streets, like 1 car wide) at night and the cops always show up 2 hours late. i always see peeps get pulled near winters/raley on i80. theres a nice big shoulder there so i think thats why they pull people in that area.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Although it has been widely publicized that the police will do a crack down on potential street racers and speeders in Elk Grove, I have yet to see an EG cop pulling over someone. People still speed through Franklin Blvd, Elk Grove Blvd, and Laguna Blvd.

I'd watch out on West Sacramento on South Port Blvd. Davis is another place I wouldn't go 5mph over the speed limit.

Wierd, I hardly ever see any cops in Roseville...

I do know where a few speed traps are, but I have only seen them setup ONCE then never again:

Rosevile Parkway and Secret Revene

Kirby and Sunrise (right before sunrise coming from the freeway)

Sunrise between Kirby and Douglas (its a 35mph zone... Easy money for them now)

And I saw a portable smog staion on Rocky Ridge once...

Other than that, I dont see any cops on Sierra college. Good to know though, I usually go 60mph up on top of the hill.

In Folsom...

Any intersection along Folsom Blvd that involves a right-hand turn across the lightrail. Those LED Red Arrow lights are expensive, and they need to generate revenue for them somehow.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I'm mostly on the freeways and the common ones are:

I-80 West bound @ Newcastle Rd. Chippy hiding at the top of the on-ramp. Sometimes you can see the top of the car as you make the bend.

I-80 East bound @ W. El Camino Ave. Chippy is hiding in just past the overpass.

I-80 West bount @ end of Causeway. Chippy backs into the gate for the bike path.

Hwy 49 between Auburn and Grass Valley is heavily patrolled. The Chippies like to position a guy on foot with a radar gun usually around a bend or a crest. His buddies will be up the road writing tickets.

CHP and Roseville police used to announce "zero tolerance" location and days in the Sac Bee South Placer section or the Press Tribune. I'm not sure if they decreased the frequency of enforcement or just stopped making the announcements.

Kostamojen -

RPD usually sets up their radar on the last right turnoff just before Secret Ravine when you're driving up Sierra College from Roseville. I haven't seen them since the construction moved close to the road. The morning radar is usually at Scarborough (sp?) if you're coming up from Rocklin.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

I actually saved not only myself but about 4 others from getting a ticket on sierra college. Two bike cops on the turn out for the new developement on the right in the middle of the construction zone.

I was looking way ahead and spotted white helmets and hit the brakes massive back-up behind me but no tickets.

another hotspot is at drycreek exit on west bound 80. cops picking off the skiers coming down the hill.

I should also mention I-80 between Auburn and Colfax, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about that...

EVERY overpass is a potental trap in that area, ive seen CHIPS with radar guns at every one of those overpasses some time or another. Stay at 75mph or less around there or duck behind other cars to be safe...

Archived