LegacyGT.com

Panavise custom cell phone bracket

disalex

I noticed they had one for the outback, so I emailed them to make sure it would work on the Legacy, they said it will and have changed some of their web pages accordingly. Here is a link, I just ordered mine [url]http://www.panavise.com/nf/comm/indash/indashviewfinalimage.html?modelID=12614726835825[/url]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='disalex']I ordered it for 39.95[/quote] Ouch! I was thinking more like 10 bucks- I could fab a bracket like that in about 10 minutes.

[quote name='disalex']supposedly they put a lot of R and D into them so that it doesn't interfere with anything etc. I don't have time to fabricate anyway. I'll let you know how mine works when it comes in.[/quote] Not to be-little their R & D but if the picture shown is what the product actually looks like, they didn't do much at all! This looks to be (on the surface anyway) one of their easier designs. They used an existing screw that holds the radio in and have the bracket extending through the seam between the trim panels. I will bet that there is some part of the bracket that extends vertically along the side of the radio faceplate to minimize the rotational forces but there aren't many screws in that area of the dash for them to utilize. My other Panavise brackets have always been under $20 and most were noticeably more elaborate than this one looks to be. It will be interesting to see how the production part looks! Please keep us informed! If it saves me a little fabrication time, I'll buy one!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the pics! It looks great although am a little surprised that they didn't use more than one mounting point. If you notice any squeeking, I'd suggest a thin piece of felt where the bracket rests against the trim pieces. Does it feel sturdy?

Archived