LegacyGT.com

5EAT shifting times reduced by 50%

I recently hit a curb and had to have my car worked on by the subaru dealer. I just got it back, and besides the overly inflated tires (45psi), everything seemed to be back to normal. I decided to drive the car around in manual mode to be sure there were no vibrations or other problems. At this one deserted red light I went WOT and, perhaps because I was rusty, I waited way to long to shift for the auto, about 200rpms away from red line, yet the car shifted no problem. Now I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the AT almost always takes 500-600rpms to shift under full throttle so its success with the late shift surprised me. I decided to test its shifting abilities again and to my surprise it shifted in 200rpms WOT again. Anyway, to make a long story short, I tested the car a few more times and it consistently shifted in 200-300rpms about half the time it used to take.

Does anyone have the slightest idea as to WTF is going on here, not that I'm complaining haha, but perhaps subaru secretly updated the TCU software or something? As far as I can tell my access port software is still on the car as it doesn't seem any slower, plus it shifted above stock redline once.

Great to have the leggy back. I have about 80 dollars of body work to get done next week. I am definitely going to be a more careful driver from now on.

no experience, but I heard in manual mode the car will shift at redline even if you don't "suggest" a shift point....can anyone verify this? and, i wouldn't leave other than stock maps flashed on the car when it's staying more than a couple hours....just me tho.

$80 of bodywork :confused:

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

no experience, but I heard in manual mode the car will shift at redline even if you don't "suggest" a shift point....can anyone verify this? and, i wouldn't leave other than stock maps flashed on the car when it's staying more than a couple hours....just me tho.

$80 of bodywork :confused:

No it doesn't shift automatically haha trust me. I've bounced off the rev limiter a few times in the cars history.

Yea the fender panel is a little warped but no paint damage or anything. The guy said about 2 hours of labor to get it back into shape at 40 dollars an hour thus 80 bucks.

I post a thread stating that my 5EAT manual mode shifting times has been reduced by 50% and people are only interested in the hourly wages of the body shop. I can't quite put my finger on it but something doesn't make sense here...

I post a thread stating that my 5EAT manual mode shifting times has been reduced by 50% and people are only interested in the hourly wages of the body shop. I can't quite put my finger on it but something doesn't make sense here...

in most threads, when something is challenged/questioned (i.e. JBLU24's post), people tend to reply with reinforcement/facts to justify whatever was being challenged/questioned. hope this helps you "make sense here".

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

Archived