LegacyGT.com

DSL in the Hudson Valley? (Middletown)

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
Fukk Time Warner Cable-their "Roadrunner" got eaten by the coyote last week and hasn't risen from the dead yet. Anyone in the Hudson Valley use Verizon DSL? My only experience with DSL was a line my brother had about 6 years ago that died frequently.

Guest *Jedimaster*

It was weird- the dude came and found a cable hooked to my modem that just wasn't doing what it was supposed to do- he replaced it and all is well (so far). What's extra weird is that the service would work from about 8PM to 8AM. He said maybe due to spikes in the signal at different times of the day.

He was also a really cool dude- saw my geek stuff and it turns out he's into comics too- we bullshitted for a couple of hours :lol:

I have road runner in NYC for everything, including telephone. Cable and internet are great, but the phone thing ain't Verizon, I'll tell you that.

we got cablevision down here. The internet & cable are great but like you said, the phone sucks. I didn't get it in my new place. They keep calling & calling offering it to me for $15/month but I'd honestly rather pay verizon $35/month & not worry about it.

Jedi, sorry, no DSL around here

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

It was weird- the dude came and found a cable hooked to my modem that just wasn't doing what it was supposed to do- he replaced it and all is well (so far). What's extra weird is that the service would work from about 8PM to 8AM. He said maybe due to spikes in the signal at different times of the day.

He was also a really cool dude- saw my geek stuff and it turns out he's into comics too- we bullshitted for a couple of hours :lol:

Get a bi-directional cable amp. Also make sure that your cable modem is being fed directly and not going through a ton of splitters. Just Ideas.

Denial is your best friend

Guest *Jedimaster*
Get a bi-directional cable amp. Also make sure that your cable modem is being fed directly and not going through a ton of splitters. Just Ideas.

Never heard of a cable amp. I did have it through a splitter, but now it's a direct feed right into the modem :cool:

I really hate being without internet- using someone elses shitty connection, etc.

Archived