LegacyGT.com

CEL/Power Loss

Grumpy

Just for info, took a drive last nite,cel/cruise lite came on, but didn,t notice anything out of ordinary. This morning went to take my 05 OBXT to autozone to pull any codes. Car ran lousy missing and lost turbo. Just took it stright up to my dealer rather than mess with a scanner. Tech pulled code and told me it was a problem with the intake air temperture circuits, that they need to be replaced.

Everything is under warranty, so no problem. Like a dumb a$$ I forgot to ask him for the codes it pulled up. I was just so happy they were able to get my car in--no appointment--on a busy day. Even got a Forrester loaner for as long as they have mine (friday-monday).

Just posting for those who wait for the cel to clear itself or disconnect battery, you may clear the code or stop the cel but it might do more harm than good.

Grumpy :icon_mad:

By the way, dealer is Bob Wade Subaru in Harrisonburg, Va. Good people and good techs.

if the car throws a CEL like that, resetting the car wont do much since it will most liekly come back in a few miles...the only thing that i think will disregarud it is the AP but im not sure on that

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I agree, I just posted cause I researched several threads about power loss and how it might be due to a loose vacume hose or bad gas or water in the muffler bearings or whatever. Mine is basically stock and have had no real issues till this. Didn't want to take a chance on screwing it up or making it worse by ignoring it. Not ment as a reflection on anyones preference toward what has been posted before.

Grumpy :icon_mad:

Archived