LegacyGT.com

Yesterday I traded in my 1999 Audi A4 1.8t on a

2005 Legacy GT Limited in Atlantic Blue. So far I LOVE the legacy compared to the Audi. It is so much more powerful it's not even funny, I have had to be really careful to keep the speed even reasonable. I spent some time last nite and today lurking these boards, obviously some really serious Subaru fans with a lot of knowledge to share. I have already used 1 tip, the get rid of the annoying seat belt chime procedure and I'm shortly going to be working on the get rid of the annoying passenger air bag thing... Thanks for the great boards!

I think the fit and finish is very comparable. My initial reaction was the the interior was very "audi" like. My wife, who saw it after me, thought the same. We were commenting that they must have used Audi as one of the "examples" when they designed the Legacy. The cabin, aside from the roominess, seems "lighter" even with the sunroof cover closed.

[quote name='disalex']2005 Legacy GT Limited in Atlantic Blue. So far I LOVE the legacy compared to the Audi. It is so much more powerful it's not even funny, I have had to be really careful to keep the speed even reasonable. I spent some time last nite and today lurking these boards, obviously some really serious Subaru fans with a lot of knowledge to share. I have already used 1 tip, the get rid of the annoying seat belt chime procedure and I'm shortly going to be working on the get rid of the annoying passenger air bag thing... Thanks for the great boards![/quote] Sorry for what's probably a dumb question, but how DO you get rid of the seat belt chime?

[quote name='Jaaaaaack'][quote name='disalex']2005 Legacy GT Limited in Atlantic Blue. So far I LOVE the legacy compared to the Audi. It is so much more powerful it's not even funny, I have had to be really careful to keep the speed even reasonable. I spent some time last nite and today lurking these boards, obviously some really serious Subaru fans with a lot of knowledge to share. I have already used 1 tip, the get rid of the annoying seat belt chime procedure and I'm shortly going to be working on the get rid of the annoying passenger air bag thing... Thanks for the great boards![/quote] Sorry for what's probably a dumb question, but how DO you get rid of the seat belt chime?[/quote] Put the key in the ignition and turn it to accessory and engage and disengage the seatbelt like 30 times in 15 or 20 seconds, turn the car off. Then when you turn it back on it should be off.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Jaaaaaack'][quote name='disalex']2005 Legacy GT Limited in Atlantic Blue. So far I LOVE the legacy compared to the Audi. It is so much more powerful it's not even funny, I have had to be really careful to keep the speed even reasonable. I spent some time last nite and today lurking these boards, obviously some really serious Subaru fans with a lot of knowledge to share. I have already used 1 tip, the get rid of the annoying seat belt chime procedure and I'm shortly going to be working on the get rid of the annoying passenger air bag thing... Thanks for the great boards![/quote] Sorry for what's probably a dumb question, but how DO you get rid of the seat belt chime?[/quote] Put the key in the ignition and turn it to accessory and engage and disengage the seatbelt like 30 times in 15 or 20 seconds, turn the car off. Then when you turn it back on it should be off.[/quote] Thanks! I'll give that a try.

tpdolph, I actually like atlantic blue better! Ninjapimp, I am judging it by my A4 which is the model from 5 years ago. I like the Subaru better. Maybe the new A4 is different, I have no clue. All I know is I experienced Audi's customer service close up and personal and so far I like Subaru's way better!

I agree with Jack, I test drove the 04 and 05 A4 several times and the 1.8T didn't do much for me. I do admit to a small amount of misgivings about my decision to purchase the LGT wagon, but I couldn't find 8k worth of refinement in the A4. The LGT wagon seems a good balance between performance, interior comfort and price for me.

[quote name='disalex']tpdolph, I actually like atlantic blue better! Ninjapimp, I am judging it by my A4 which is the model from 5 years ago. I like the Subaru better. Maybe the new A4 is different, I have no clue. All I know is I experienced Audi's customer service close up and personal and so far I like Subaru's way better![/quote] There is a big difference in Audi 1.8T and their bigger engine model interiors. My '97 Audi Quattro 2.8 had a beautiful interior with real wood trim - definitely a step above my new Legacy GT 2.5W. That said, I was extremely happy when I got rid of that German piece of oil leaking *rap that started falling apart around 15k miles. Here is a list of parts I replaced: control arms last 20-30k miles (it has 8, I replaced 5 at different times), power door lock pump, AC compressor, steering rack, moonroof engine, etc. (and there are many more "known" problems) - BUT, nice interior! The happiness I felt the day I got rid of the Audi was infinitely greater then any bright (and short) moment of joy I felt while owning it. The Legacy has - so far - excided all expectations I had for this car (ok, except for gas mileage, but it's just too darn hard not to step on it :-).

Archived