LegacyGT.com

ECU Reflash at the Dealership now?

jbm

I just took my '05 GT Wagon in for it's 30k mi service and complained about my continued stuttering problem. I had the ECU sent in for the reflash over 6 months ago, but my problem has resurfaced albeit less noticeable. The Dealer just called me and informed me that they had a flash update available and applied it to my vehicle.

Has anyone heard of the dealerships now flashing vehicles on the premises? Or am I being fed some baloney?

My vehicle is quickly moving out of warranty and I want to try to solve as many lingering problems as possible. I'm hoping they're not just doing an ECU reset hiding the problem from me for the next few months while it relearns to stutter and my warranty expires.

I just took my '05 GT Wagon in for it's 30k mi service and complained about my continued stuttering problem. I had the ECU sent in for the reflash over 6 months ago, but my problem has resurfaced albeit less noticeable. The Dealer just called me and informed me that they had a flash update available and applied it to my vehicle.

Has anyone heard of the dealerships now flashing vehicles on the premises? Or am I being fed some baloney?

My vehicle is quickly moving out of warranty and I want to try to solve as many lingering problems as possible. I'm hoping they're not just doing an ECU reset hiding the problem from me for the next few months while it relearns to stutter and my warranty expires.

This may be legit. I had my Subie in for its first service visit and they were able to apply the ECU reflash there. Pretty sure this did nothing to solve the problem long term, but I have no reason to mistrust my local dealer - at all.

Archived