LegacyGT.com

Cubbypod fitment issues ???

CasopoliS

I have gotten 2 cubbypod fitment issues out of the 80+ I have sold. I am interested in these, and wonder why they are different. I would like to pinpoint the problem.

Most people might not do this....

but please post your cubbypod fitment issues. Please let me know if you ran into anything odd during the install that you did not think was right. I want to know what people are running into. I think the center consoles vary slightly, though that does not make sense to me. Pictures would help, you can post or PM those.

And of course, I want to fix any problems that are ocurring and make sure all of my customers are happy. And at the same time I have orders to fill, dang I have to get working on that!!!

Thanks guys.

Got my boost gauge in yesterday, and installed the cubby pod today. I'll have to trim a little with the dremel so the door can close easily. As it sits now, it rubs on the cubby pod and I'm afraid if I push too hard it'll break the fragile tabs trying to close the door. But just some light trimming.

Got my boost gauge in yesterday, and installed the cubby pod today. I'll have to trim a little with the dremel so the door can close easily. As it sits now, it rubs on the cubby pod and I'm afraid if I push too hard it'll break the fragile tabs trying to close the door. But just some light trimming.

I have heard of door rubbing issues. This is simply production differences. I would say about 5 of the 80 rub when the door closes. It should not put too much stress on the tabs, but you can shave easily with an exacto knife or just sand / file it down. Filing might be the cleanest. Sorry about that. I have a 1mm gap on both sides of my doors... same model.

Hey, bro, I've got a Cubbypod fitment problem!

I don't have a Cubbypod! :lol:;)

Just messin' with ya. I'll sit tight and wait for my opportunity to get one of these puppies. :)

I just wanted to hop on to this thread to commend you on your dedication to this project and our community. Good job!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I know this is a cubby pod "fitment" issue post but I must say that my cubby pod went in so easy and so fast, the prosport fit perfect as well and no rubbing or partially closing door. Perfect IMO.:) Great product.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I had rubbing on the top corners of both sides of the cubbypod, the door hinges were contacting the cubby pod and making it flex somewhat when closing or opening the door. It may have resulted in eventual breakage of the tabs on the cubby pod, as it flexed it pretty well when closing the door, putting all the pressure on the tabs.

It was quite apparent when I put the cubbypod in, and before everything was reassembled, so I just quick popped it out and filed down the upper edges of the cubby pod and all was well. I'd say it was definitely due to just the variance of tolerances in the Subaru parts.

If you can take apart everything to install the cubby, you won't have any problems taking care of the minor rubbing I had, just make sure and check before reassembly. I don't even know how much material I had to take off, but it wasn't much......maybe .5 mm at most to provide enough clearance to eliminate any binding.

All in all, a great product. Tonight I finish hooking up the gauges, then I will get to behold the cubbypod in all its glory :wub:

Archived