LegacyGT.com

Ready to purchase in NY, have some ?s

jacknsally

Hey everyone, nubian here. My girlfriend and I are looking to buy a silver 2006 GT (auto—not my choice!!) and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the dealers in Orange and Rockland counties. We live in Middletown and Feder’s is next door to us, I know of Bill Kolb in Rockland and another dealer in Poughkeepsie. Any suggestions or advice before stomping in?

I’ve seen some online invoices around $26,700 and I’ve read up that I should go in with a price in mind, but let the dealer suggest on first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been lurking around for a few weeks and reading, and this seems like a great community :)

I bought mine from Feders. I didn't like them, but I certainly got a smoking deal on my 05 wagon manual leftover.

They are haggle types, but if you're tough, you should get what you want.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Feder's got shady with me and wouldn't guarantee the price we agreed on (a handshake between Mr. Feder himself and I) after I'd left a deposit- I got it back and went to Bill Kolb Subaru- BIG MISTAKE. They're even worse- search around about them, but they stole parts off my trade in WRX.

DO NOT GO TO BILL KOLB JR SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding. Go anywhere but there. Seriously. Do yourself a favor & stay away. If you don't believe me search Kolb on this site & you'll see what I mean.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

...I'm speechless. Never have I seen such animosity towards a company. I sincerely thank ALL of you who replied and for giving the links (Jedi). I'm going to contact them online just for a tool to pit against other dealers, but won't be buying from them. Feder's told me that they would match Kolb, so I'll have to get that in writing :icon_wink

So there are ten million strikes against kolb, one against Feders, what about in Connecticut or Jersey? I'd be more than willing to drive for a good deal.

One more thing, if I buy from a dealer, do I HAVE to have that dealer service my car? Or can I go to any authorized dealer?

thanks again everyone :icon_bigg

So there are ten million strikes against kolb, one against Feders, what about in Connecticut or Jersey? I'd be more than willing to drive for a good deal.

liberty subaru in oradell NJ. I got my 2nd LGT from them & they were awesome! Talk to Jeff Miletta or Jeff Wangerin. Either one is great. They respond quickly to emails too.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I found a great deal on one in Plattsburgh, NY at Bill McBride Chevy/Subaru.

Theres a $2750 discount on all '06 Legacy models, so make sure wherever you go, mention that!

This dealer is DESPERATE to get rid of their Legacy sedans, as they sell mostly Outbacks....so it might be a good idea!

The white LGT 5MT is mine tho....so hands off ;):p

I hate to tell you, but I was doing the same shopping this weekend. I was at Feder's saturday afternoon, as well as Subaru in Ramsey NJ. Ramsey had a hell of a lot more cars to look at than Feders. Ramsey had a nice regal blue 2006 LGT, and a couple others, but I wanted blue or silver.

On Sunday I went to Subaru in Wappingers (poughkeepsie), and bought the silver 2006 LGT they had listed on their website. I pick it up the day after tomorrow (thursday).

I'm a longtime toyota guy, and I have high expectations for this car, as it is replacing my 98 Camry with 280,000 trouble free miles.

Best of luck in your search, they are willing to deal on the 2006's.

don't bother with ramsey. they are scumbags with a proven record of attempting to screw consumers, according to the NJ attorney general. caveat emptor. its a toss up between ramsey and BK. they are both bottom feeders.

Archived