LegacyGT.com

Auto dimming mirror....dumb question...

GooseMan

I'm in the process of selling my Mazda 6 and getting into an 05 LGT from a member in Toronto.

My M6 has an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink that I grown REAL attached to, and I'd like to add one into my future LGT.

I guess I can buy em online or whatever, but my stupid question is about the installation. Is there wiring pre-installed at the top of the windsheild? Or do they run on batteries? :icon_conf

If there isnt any wiring, it seems like a HUGE pain!

Wired for power. You just remove the light console and the prewired plug is staring you in the face. Run the power lead for the mirror forward and out the top of the windshield. Hook it up, add the cover for the wire, replace the lights. Done.

Good instructions come with the mirror.

Mine works wonderful, however, if you have a radar detector glaring it's display at the backside of the mirror at night it won't work.

There are TWO photo sensors, one for behind, one for the front. If the sensor facing forward sees constant light, it wont work properly.

During daylight hours, put your finger over to block the front photocell. It should get dark.

Archived