LegacyGT.com

AP soon... What should I do?

Hello all!

My AP should be arriving shortly and I'm wondering if there are any things I need to do to make this a smooth transition. Hoggie posetd something about zip tying a fitting? That kind of stuff. I'd also be happy to hear any driving impressions from stock to TDC Stage 1. Mine is the 5EAT BTW.

Thanks!

Scott

Urfsin..

I did check out your review. I can hardly contain myself I want my AP so bad. Guess I'll live vicariously through you until I get that thing!

So you didn't do anything at all to the car excpet the AP? Cool.

Psyched. Can't wait!

Thanks!

Scott

One thing that freaked me out after I did mine was .,..... at the very end after it flashes you turn the car off. Well I turned it off, left the key in, then turned it back on and it wouldn't start. Was throwing a cel. I then took the key out and put it back in and the cel was gone and the car started. Not sure if it was bad luck or the key needed to be removed. Either way it works now and I am happy :D

yea, I had a mini heart attack as well. When I was done, and tried to start back up, it cranked for like 7-8 sec's, but felt like forever. But it started up and all was good.

Same thing happened to me and I was in a dark parking garage 2 states away from home - during the 8-9 cranks all I could think of was Cobb's advise NOT to flash the car far from home - anyway, like you, it finally fired up and there's been a smile on my face ever since.

Put a set of Cobb sways on next - you'll be just as amazed.:icon_mrgr

All I've got to add is that you will be VERY happy with the TDC 5EAT tune. The midrange is just freakin' phenomenal over stock. The throttle tuning is much better as well. You will have a hard time not giving it half-pedel shots while going down the road just to feel the new seemingly instant-on power.
Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

Man. I can't wait. I've got some issues with UPS though. Joe sent me a tracking number but for the past 4 days UPS website just says "billing infomation sent." That thing should have been at my door yesterday! Hope I can get it today so I'll have some time to play around with it this weekend.

Sways huh? I asked a general question about suspension upgrades not long ago and everyone said get sways. I can't get both front and rear at the same time. Seems I should start in the rear. Was it a tough install or could a somewhat handy guy do it himself? What about endlinks? Did you replace those with the sways? I'm also wondering if there would be any kind of interference if I later decided to lower the car a bit.

Thanks!

Scott

Archived